Eddie George, Moe Williams, and Chester Taylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eddie George, Moe Williams, and Chester Taylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eddie George, Moe Williams, and Chester Taylor

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:51 am

Funny how I was able to pick up Eddie George for nothing in two of my leagues. Yet as soon as it becomes known guys like Moe Williams or Chester Taylor MAY pick up some significant playing time, they get swept up.

As fantasy footballers, we're enamoured with the unkown quantity. We love to take a shot at a guy who has done nothing in the NFL but maybe, just maybe, will be the next Priest or Marshall or Moss.

Consider, if it's a running back you're after specifically, that you could take a chance on a guy like Moe or Chester, who may be the starter for their respective teams for a few weeks, or you could go with an Eddie George (check those free agent wires), who WILL be the starter for the next 8 weeks in Dallas, barring an injury.

And what about The Bus? Jerome Bettis has two multiple-TD games this year. He'll never get you any yardage, but I'd sooner plug him into my lineup than I would many of the back-ups or carry-splitters that are suiting up in my fantasy leagues.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:58 am

Well, we all KNOW for a fact that Eddie George completely sucks... We also know that Taylor is pretty good, and so is Moe... And we know that the only reason that they are not solid fantasy starts is the fact that they are usually stuck behind better backs...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:04 am

When I am picking up off the waiver wire, I am usually using a garbage spot on my roster (ie a spot taken from an injured player or bust). As it is the last spot on my roster, I usually assume that a player in this spot will never see my starting line-up unless he breaks out in a big way. Because of this, I always use this spot for gambles. What do I care if I have George in my last spot? I'd rather have T Bell. If he does nothing, it doesn't hurt. If he explodes, than he just might help me win my league.
George is only usefull if you have lost multiple RBs for a long time, or if you drafted too few RBs.
Bottom line, on a healthy team, it is successful gambles that win leagues.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:05 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Well, we all KNOW for a fact that Eddie George completely sucks...

The only thing I know for sure anymore is whatever it says on the stat sheet. Eddie George is getting touchdowns. Two in three games. It's no record scoring pace, but it's worthy of a bench spot and a bye-week start.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:13 am

Wesley Walker wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Well, we all KNOW for a fact that Eddie George completely sucks...

The only thing I know for sure anymore is whatever it says on the stat sheet. Eddie George is getting touchdowns. Two in three games. It's no record scoring pace, but it's worthy of a bench spot and a bye-week start.

But don't forget that one of the TD's was the result of a blown call on MNF that gave the 'Boys the ball at the 1 yardline.... Take out that crap call, and Eddie's stats aren't so pretty....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:16 am

I am the same way as Bowie - usually we are talking about the last spot on my team. At that point I want a guy who might just break out in a big way rather than someone I know is going to be mediocre.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk