Dan Akroyd, Daniel Stern and Priest Holmes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dan Akroyd, Daniel Stern and Priest Holmes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dan Akroyd, Daniel Stern and Priest Holmes

Postby hwaterboys » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:59 pm

I am sure this probably should be on a different message board but does anyone how to get ahold of Dan Akroyd and Daniel Stern from CELTRIC PRIDE. I need them to kidnap priest holmes so we can make him work out and see if his ass is going to be ready or not. This is killing me. My whole team depends on it. Course I would probably end up like the cop and get screwed in the end. If anyone has heard anything NEW about this guy please let me know. Here's the latest that Iv'e heard.

According to the San Antonio Express News, Priest Holmes said he feels healthy and expects to be ready for training camp. "Even though I say it's 100 percent, somebody else is going to say I was limping," Holmes said. Holmes had surgery on his hip in late March.

Priest has been working diligently over the past three months to rehab his hip. We're most certainly pulling for the guy, but we need to see him in action before returning him to the top of the running back rankings. Cheifs Management keep lying to us, If he's really fine then why Larry Johnson?

Anyways here's hoping Akroyd and Stern get back to me.
hwaterboys
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cliff Harris » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:16 pm

Even if he is healthy when the season begins, he will still be pressed to remain healthy throughout the season (let alone put up numbers similiar to those he put up the past two seasons). My reasoning is that the guy couldn't have worked out during the offseason like he has in the past. That adds up to a breakdown in my book. Guys like Edgerrin James and Eddie George have recently gone through it. And I just recently read that Michael Bennett had a stress fracture toward the end of the season and wasn't going to be able to workout until May or June.

Let the buyer beware.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:38 pm

You have the latest news as far as im aware.

Personally, im all for letting some other guy take the risk and draft Holmes with their first pick. Its just way too big a question too include him in your team right now.

Reminds me of that scene in the Clint Eastwood movie where he asks the guy :

"Do you feel lucky punk"
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:43 pm

Not that I'm gonna risk a high pick on him but I'm kinda feeling that all is gonna be fine & well KC,the Padre may not do as well as last season but will produce solid #'s worthy of a late first round pick.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby thee all » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:33 pm

good ole Priesty BOY! Yeah, too many ? marks around him right now, esp with Larry Johnson there and all...let somebody else snag him
When the player hits the dirt there's no sound quite like
The way the linebacker slams him to the turf monday night
thee all
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk