Thomas Jones vs. Roy Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones vs. Roy Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Jones vs. Roy Williams

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:08 am

Both of these guys have come out of nowhere to blow up this season. Jones did look great last year in Tampa, but he'd never been in the right situation before. In my league's draft, Williams and Jones were probably the two steals of the draft. Who do you see having greater fantasy impact over the remainder of the season? Where would you draft them in a re-draft, if held today?
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nobodies Business » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:36 am

Jones hands down... I mean forget about Jones and Williams for a second... it goes back to RB vs. WR.. RB will always win... then you take a VERY productive RB versus a medium range WR... Jones by far my friend..
Nobodies Business
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:06 pm

Any other opinions? Am I right in thinking that Jones would probably be an early 2nd-rounder and Williams would likely go in the 4th or 5th?
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mikey » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:17 pm

I'd always go with the RB.

I think Roy Williams is going to be a stud (I understand that many think he's already there). But remember, he plays in DET, whose shell of a running game is starting to sputter. Without that protection, I see Williams drawing more double teams and his production taking a dip.

Also, rookie WR's almost always struggle a little bit (the exceptions that come to mind are Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin). He's certainly a solid #2 WR, but people in my league are ready to crissen him a #1 WR, and I think that might be a bit premature.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Rusman » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:34 pm

I agree with the above, RB always wins over a WR.
As far as picking them in drafts, I'd say that Jones would definitely have gone late first, if not in the 2nd. No later in the second. The only reason I say late first is due to his production so far.
Williams probably would have been late 2nd and possibly down to 4th round.
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:56 pm

Almost impossible to know where Id redraft them. It would all depend on my draft up to that point. I think TJ would deservingly go in the second while roy would fit in the 3rd or 4th. Wish I was psychic.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hammerwx » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:12 pm

Joined a late league that drafted a week ago. Jones went with the 1st pick of the second round.

It's the only league of 7 that I did not nab Jones. In pre-season drafts I grabbed him anywhere from mid 2nd to late 4th. With so many leagues I like to target guys & draft the same players to make life a little simpler. Nabbed Westbrook in all 7 leagues, so those guys are generally my 1-2 RB's. Veteran reporters here in Chicago (that are 95% of the time very negative) were drooling over how great he looked in camp. That gave me a good feeling that he could end up being something very special.

Looking good now, but if these guys go down, I dead. It does not always work out. Took Ferguson in 5 or 6 leagues, and have dropped him in most of them. Ya win some & you lose some.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk