Stallworth-ESPN Fantasy Focus. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stallworth-ESPN Fantasy Focus.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stallworth-ESPN Fantasy Focus.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:37 pm

Second-year wideout Donté Stallworth is one of fantasy's top sleepers because of his big-play ability. Although he was only the 39th highest-scoring fantasy receiver last year, Stallworth gave a glimpse of his potential when he made his first career start in Week 16. He had season bests with six catches, 111 yards and a 57-yard touchdown against Cincy. Stallworth, with his combo of size (6-foot and 197 pounds) and speed (4.18 in 40), has the physical skills to be a No. 1 wideout. However, he struggled with hamstring injuries in training camp and during the season, and finished with just 594 receiving yards. Despite the injury issues, his eight touchdowns (on only 42 catches) was tied for the NFL's sixth-highest total, placing him ahead of even Randy Moss (7). Given good health, Stallworth will reward owners who take him as their No. 3 wideout with Sundays similar to Week 16.
-- Roger Rotter, ESPN.com fantasy editor
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:52 pm

Yup, got him on my sleeper list.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:10 pm

I would be ecstatic if he was my #3 WR.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bmill16 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:25 pm

Yea it seems hard to believe he would fall to somebody as their third WR, but I followed this guy at Tenn and he pulled his hamstring every year their just like last year in NO. Be very cautious picking this guy in early to middle rounds.
bmill16
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:21 am

I've got him on one of my teams for this year. I'm hoping he blows up this year.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk