What is your theory when you have..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

What is your theory when you have.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is your theory when you have.....

Postby JimmyChoi » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:34 pm

a starting receiver like Holt going against .....your starting D. Im not so much asking who to sit or start....but conventional wisdom says not to start your QB against your D...but what about receivers.???? Thanks guys...
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 562
Joined: 31 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:38 pm

I don't take match ups like that into consideration. I start my best option regardless and hope for the best. ;-D
Image
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2552
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:38 pm

If it is Holt vs Seattle, and there are no better defenses on waivers, you play them both. It is possible for them both to have good games, although I wouldn't want to watch that game if I were you.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1594
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Panama

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:44 pm

I wouldn't mind starting both. I don't really see the difference in doing it or not doing it... regardless for what your rooting to happen, whatever happens happens, and you cant help it.
Image
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4480
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:46 pm

Play them both with confidence if it's Holt and Seattle...

It would be very easy for Holt to put up 150 and a TD, AND for Seattle to put up 3 sacks, 2 ints, 1 fumble recovery, and hold St Louis to 10 points...

In which case, you win on both....
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby citti34 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:14 pm

Start your best options. Don't do an all or nothing approach (not starting Holt, and hoping the D does good of vice versa.) Now if you didnt have Holt and wouldnt start that D, then go with that same method.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 577
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chopper » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:01 pm

citti34 wrote:Start your best options. Don't do an all or nothing approach (not starting Holt, and hoping the D does good of vice versa.) Now if you didnt have Holt and wouldnt start that D, then go with that same method.


Sorry, citti. I've tried and tried, but I still end up with: Huh?

Could you re-word for us special kids?
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1259
Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: adrift

Postby tc » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:05 pm

Chopper wrote:
citti34 wrote:Start your best options. Don't do an all or nothing approach (not starting Holt, and hoping the D does good of vice versa.) Now if you didnt have Holt and wouldnt start that D, then go with that same method.


Sorry, citti. I've tried and tried, but I still end up with: Huh?

Could you re-word for us special kids?


LOL huh? X 2 O:-)
tc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 510
Joined: 4 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:08 pm

tc wrote:
Chopper wrote:
citti34 wrote:Start your best options. Don't do an all or nothing approach (not starting Holt, and hoping the D does good of vice versa.) Now if you didnt have Holt and wouldnt start that D, then go with that same method.


Sorry, citti. I've tried and tried, but I still end up with: Huh?

Could you re-word for us special kids?


LOL huh? X 2 O:-)


He's saying don't just start one because you think it will affect your team. He asked if Holt wasn't on his roster, than would he start Seattle? If yes, then start both.

I think my explanation was hard to understand too.

:-o
Image
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4480
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:10 pm

If it was Bulger and your D, then it would be a concern. But since Holt won't be commiting turnovers, he can still have a good game and so can your defense, since your points will come off TOs and sacks usually, instead of points allowed.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:06 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact