What is your theory when you have..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is your theory when you have.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JimmyChoi » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:29 pm

Thanks guys.....Ive had some people tell me never to start any combinations...but to be honest with you....the alternative to starting the combo I have sucks...
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Turnip » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:30 pm

JimmyChoi wrote:Thanks guys.....Ive had some people tell me never to start any combinations...but to be honest with you....the alternative to starting the combo I have sucks...

It's usually best not to draft certain combos, but one week of Holt and Seattle is not something to even get remotely worried about. 2 touchdowns for Holt doesn't stop Seattle from getting turnovers or sacks.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:32 pm

Turnip wrote:
JimmyChoi wrote:Thanks guys.....Ive had some people tell me never to start any combinations...but to be honest with you....the alternative to starting the combo I have sucks...

It's usually best not to draft certain combos, but one week of Holt and Seattle is not something to even get remotely worried about. 2 touchdowns for Holt doesn't stop Seattle from getting turnovers or sacks.

really? like having both Holt and Bruce on your team is bad ;)

your wr's going against you defense isn't all that bad. especially in points per receptions leagues. your guy could get 7 receptions for 100 yards, and no td's. your defense could then hold it down to 10 pts and 2 sacks, 1 int, and a fumble recovery like mentioned before. just go with your studs.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:46 pm

Start your studs regardless. If it bothers you that much just don't watch the game and check your score after it's over.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:52 pm

my Harrington against my Eagles

harrington 18 points

eagles 17 points

worked out for me...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:32 pm

ya start them both. if you sit one, then the laws of fantasy will have whicever one you sat dminate. If you are going to be watching the game and dont want to be conflicted, Id start holt because he is a stud.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Demented Avenger » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:22 am

Having a conflict like this is better when you're up against managers with crappy teams. If Holt is shut down, at least you get some points, and if the defense sucks, Holt's performance will improve. This way, if you're the statistical favorite to win, the variance shouldn't be too high. However, if you're going against the best team in your league, you may want to reconsider, putting yourself in the position to have great numbers from all positions, cause you're gonna need the luck to pull out a win.
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mad benjamin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:31 am

Start your studs regardless.

I would rather have a starting WR vs. my starting D than I would, say, my starting QB v. Defense. My QB could pass for 300 yds, but have 3 picks, a couple fumbles (see Kerry Cllins) and a half dozen sacks and wind up losing the week for me. Sure, the defensive points would help to make it up, but I would rather have points from both positions if I can get it. If you have a QB like Manning or Culpepper against, say, the Ravens D, you start both and don't worry about it. They're too valuable to bench.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JimmyChoi » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:50 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:my Harrington against my Eagles

harrington 18 points

eagles 17 points

worked out for me...

Good Point.....
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant