TB RBs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

TB RBs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

TB RBs.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:10 pm

Who gets the job?

Q: Michael Pittman, Mike Alstott, Aaron Stecker, Travis Stephens, Terry Kirby, Thomas Jones ... what will be the pecking order of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' backfield in 2003? And who should it be?

Chris Mortensen,ESPN:The Bucs are operating somewhat on the assumption that Pittman will not be available for part or all of the season because of his alleged violation of probation on the domestic problem (he also faces NFL suspension for a possible second violation). Alstott will remain in his role, but I don't think coach Jon Gruden wants to make him the primary carrier. They like Stecker as a change-of-pace back. They will see about Thomas Jones, but I know that Gruden is still searching. And if somebody gets cut this summer -- a Garrison Hearst? -- you can bet the Bucs will take a shot. Oh, Gruden still hasn't abandoned his attempts to talk Ricky Watters out of retirement, but that's a long shot. As for who it should be, I will defer to Gruden.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:19 pm

Geez I wish they'd stop talking about hearst as though he is done !

Its going to be RBBC at TB, with them rotating between stecker, thomas and stephens until Gruden likes one of them more. Unless they pick up a hearst or if they somehow talk watters out of his hole.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers