Another Henry/McGahee Post... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another Henry/McGahee Post...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another Henry/McGahee Post...

Postby Count_Rugen » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:26 pm

Any new news on the not-so-dynamic duo for this weekend?

I had heard something a week or so ago to the effect of, 'another Bills loss may result in an offensive shake-up.' Rumour or truth?

Henry still starting?
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ciaran » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:33 pm

I haven't heard anything about an offensive shake up other than that the Bills center, who suppoesedly is the anchor of a relatively shaky offensive line as it is, has gone down to injury. This of course could hamper even more a running game that has been relatively lacklustre so far this season.

Moreover, assuming Henry isn't injured, given the way he ran last week, I'd be surprised if Willis has somehow surplanted him from the #1 spot.
Ciaran
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:57 pm

Its been awhile since anybody has posted anything about these guys...

Maybe its because Mcgahee isn't going to see any real action until late in the season IF and only if Buffalo is out of contention...or Henry gets badly hurt...

Hey im a henry owner and need him to produce....

The news about the offensive line guy getting injured is news to me....thanks for that ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Spudboy » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:05 pm

Jonas Jennings, the L Tackle is also fighting injury, but should start. I don,t follow the Bills (running routes) that closely, but there is just cause for concern.
Spudboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ramble2 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:43 pm

If this counts as a thread hijack, my apologies and please ignore me, but it strikes me that people who have Henry might know something about/be interested in other backups with better shots at getting serious PT.

I currently have McGahee on my bench, and am just about to drop him. Henry seems to have a lock on the job, and unless he gets hurt or drastically starts sucking, I don't see McGahee being a very useful fantasy back this season.

Perhaps a better option would be to see if Tatum Bell is available. Griffin's gotten a lot of early hype, and with that it's possible that people in your league might have lost sight of the fact that Griffin's a more precarious start than Henry (what with the gimpy ankle, etc.).

Any thoughts from people on the relative value of Bell and McGahee? Would it be worth making the switch given Henry's hold on the Bills job?
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hakeem34 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:47 pm

Interesting, because I'm also thinking about offering McGahee for Bell. Only thing is, I'm in a keeper league (keep 3), and with my luck, McGahee's gonna be a stud next yr.
Haven't heard anything new on the RB job, but I agree that it's looking like Henry is the man, barring injury.
hakeem34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk