Great Dayne ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Giants

Great Dayne ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Great Dayne ?

Postby Homeless » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:38 am

Ron Dayne wants a chance to start. The Giants' running back asked for a trade in January and skipped the team's initial offseason workouts before attending their final minicamp. "I just want to go in and get the opportunity to play and show them that whenever I get into the game I can play," Dayne told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel while in town for a golf tournament Monday. "Whatever happens, happens. I still think I'm good enough to be the starting running back there, but Tiki is there and that is who they're going with."

No Ron, you are not good enough to be the starter in New York while Tiki Barber is there. Dayne is going to have a tough time climbing out of the doghouse that Jim Fassel erected specifically for him. In fact, he still might be released or traded even though he's listed as second on the depth chart. The Giants don't seem to have a role for him, especially if Dorsey Levens is ticketed to get goal line touches.

Hmmm wonder if he could be part of TB's RBBC this year.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kashikis » Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:16 am

I think with all the RBs with questionable health and no true backups *cough taylor* or teams with no RB worth a damn *cough TB* the NYG will hold onto him until one of those teams has a true need then trade him. Dorsey is a great backup to have and he and Tiki play similarly. This will make it easier on the offense when he plays since they won't have to adjust their game plan as much as the do with Dayne.

Look for him to get moved when a player goes down somewhere where there is a need and the Giants get some more youth to solidify them for years to come.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Bob Oswego » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:40 pm

I think Dayne has something to prove and this year he will be prepared better than ever, he wants to show he belongs so he realized that his blocking must improve...something not really required of him in college and also Dorsey will coach him and be a role model for the Great Dayne so that he will become more of a north south rumbling rock

Good Luck #27

#27 has been infamous for the G-Men wasn't Leon Bright #27???
Sincerely

Giants Fan
Bob Oswego

email boboswego@yahoo.com

Thanks
Bob Oswego
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:20 pm

Paul Schwartz, NYpost

RB Ron Dayne, already in Jim Fassel's doghouse after an off-season of discontent, has a nagging pulled hamstring. Accorsi said he does not believe the injury will restrict Dayne at the start of camp.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to New York Giants