Tight Ends - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tight Ends

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tight Ends

Postby sparky2 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:12 am

Who will get the nod at TE for the Rams? Is Miller(Texans) a better bet than Jolley or Stevens(Hawks)? Spark
sparky2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:48 am

Wasup Spark. This is my first post, but IMO to your question. Doug Jolley would be the best pick considering the fact that he is in a wide open passing attack.

First, Houston and Miller will not sneak up on anyone this year. Every team will be well aware of Miller. Also they drafted Bennie Joppru in the second round who will take some of Miller's catches away from him this year.

Second, Jerramy Stevens still has to compete with incumbent TE Itula Mili. As long as Mili is there, Stevens will not get all the throws his way as well.

Doug Jolley came on strong in the final month of his rookie regular season with 15 catches for 239 yards and 1 TD. But he didn't stop there either, he also posted 11 grabs and another touch in the postseason. That should indicate that Gannon is starting to feel comfortable with Jolley in the system and will start to look to him more often this year.

Friendliness: %

Postby Homeless » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:55 am

I have to agree with what Guest said (Guest register so I can call you by a name) Doug Jolley would be my choice too.

Far as the rams go, I read somewhere that it will be :
Brandon Manumaleuna
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Cliff Harris » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:10 am

I'd take Eric Johnson of the Niners over that entire bunch. It's Owens, Streets, and Johnson getting the bulk of Garcia's throws in my eyes.

Stevens has some serious off-the-field issues (don't we all) that should also raise a red flag.

Jolley will be hit or miss due to the number of quality receivers on his team. But I still like him if the price is right. Not over Johnson however.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:36 am

TSN:Brandon Manumaleuna - TE, St. Louis Rams June 18, 3:01 p.m.
The Rams like Manumaleuna, a huge target who has good hands. Primarily used as a blocker in the past, he dropped some weight to prepare for his new role as the starter. He could be productive in an offense that, despite the perception, was pretty good to Ernie Conwell.
Fantasy Spin: Could be a good sleeper.

I also believe that Cam Cleeland is in town.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:12 pm

I like Alge Crumpler this year. He came on strong at the end of last year. Reggie Kelly is no longer there to snipe catches from him. Vick is tediously working on his mechanics and should be a little more patient in the pocket this year. Addition of Price gives them a legit deep threat and should open things up for him underneath.

I think he's going to be a top 5 fantasy TE this year and you should still be able to pick him up in the 6th round. I don't think people are too high on him but I think he has great upside for the reasons stated above.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Enoch » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:23 pm

Azrael wrote:I like Alge Crumpler this year. He came on strong at the end of last year. Reggie Kelly is no longer there to snipe catches from him. Vick is tediously working on his mechanics and should be a little more patient in the pocket this year. Addition of Price gives them a legit deep threat and should open things up for him underneath.

I think he's going to be a top 5 fantasy TE this year and you should still be able to pick him up in the 6th round. I don't think people are too high on him but I think he has great upside for the reasons stated above.

I think 6th round is a little high for a sleeper TE. I do like Crumpler, out of the players on the list I like Jolly the most. You should be able to get Daniel Graham in last few rounds
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kimi » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:34 pm

In a 12 team draft I would expect Jolley and Miller (and Crumpler) to go in the 10th or 11th round. While Stevens is a real reach any earlier than the 13th or 14th.
kimi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zombiez » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:39 pm

I see Jolley rated pretty high eveywhere i read..........hmmmmmmm
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Slingblade » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:26 pm