What kind of stats can we expect from chestor taylor? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What kind of stats can we expect from chestor taylor?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What kind of stats can we expect from chestor taylor?

Postby JavonWalker84 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:20 pm

stats worthy of a #1 rb, #2 rb? What kind of production will he give when he plays. Will he get many carries? Discuss.
QB Trent Green*
RB Shaun Alexander* Chris Brown* Thomas Jones, Kevin Barlow, Jonathon Wells
WR Derrick Mason* Roy Williams*, Nate Burleson
TE Jeremy Wiggins* Todd Heap Eric Johnson
K Nate Kaeding*
D Seattle*
JavonWalker84
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:27 pm

if he does start at all, which i estimate he wont (crime was committed during his years as a Vol), he would be about a borderline #2 to #3 RB...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby cbrowns » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:53 pm

Chester Taylor looked pretty good actually. With Baltimore's offensive strategy, I would think that he would be a solid #2 fantasy RB. He's going to get his 20 plus carries if Jamal Lewis is out for sure. And the plea bargain that jamal is entering WILL put him on NFL suspension, likely sometime soon. Good luck.
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mad benjamin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:51 am

I agree with CBrowns. Lewis will be serving that suspension, it's just a matter of how soon. Clearly, the Ravens know this and have been giving Taylor a bit of the work during games to ready him. I think Taylor could put up solid #2 RB stats in that offense behind that O-line. I wouldn't put him in instead of a proven commodity unless that commodity is on a bye week.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Siggyfawn » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:43 am

He should be okay, but like we've seen with Stecker, you can't just plug a guy in and rake in the points. It's going to be up and down and not something you want to rely on.

Honestly the best move is to grab them, find someone who is hurting and RB and make a trade.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby East Bay Ray » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:09 am

Siggyfawn wrote:He should be okay, but like we've seen with Stecker, you can't just plug a guy in and rake in the points. It's going to be up and down and not something you want to rely on.

Honestly the best move is to grab them, find someone who is hurting and RB and make a trade.

Totally agree with this statement. Expectations shouldnt be production numbers like Lewis. If he's available and you can grab him without hurting your team, then do so.
East Bay Ray
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Paladyr » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:10 am

mad benjamin wrote:I agree with CBrowns. Lewis will be serving that suspension, it's just a matter of how soon. Clearly, the Ravens know this and have been giving Taylor a bit of the work during games to ready him. I think Taylor could put up solid #2 RB stats in that offense behind that O-line. I wouldn't put him in instead of a proven commodity unless that commodity is on a bye week.

That's not true. Taylor only comes in when lewis needs a breather or sometimes as a 3rd down back. That hasn't changed since the news of a possible suspension came. Baltimore is playing with the same game plan they had last year.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk