Starting with an EMPTY roster spot.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Starting with an EMPTY roster spot....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Starting with an EMPTY roster spot....

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:13 pm

Im considering starting my lineup with an empty roster spot on purpose.... :-o

1 qb, 2 rb, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1D

6 Bench positions

Gonzo my TE is on BYE...this is the EMPTY SPOT...this is not an ad for TEs...i am seriously about to not pick anybody up! :-B

My Bench looks like this....
1. Eagles(bye)) picking up AZ or JETS...
2. Joey Harrington...Pending trade...space will still be taken
3. QTIN
4. BELL...handcuff....more than likely drop him
5. Johnathan Wells....Gonna start for DDavis....
6. DDavis...why do you have to be injured this week?

If i were to drop anybody for a BYE WEEK TE. It would be Bell...or Wells(WHEN DAVIS IS ANNOUNCED STARTER...please!)

Bell....we all know about his situation....rrrgghhhhh

Would you play with an empty spot...probably not...i dont want to lose my prospects....
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:16 pm

very competitve and smart league....$$$$
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:23 pm

I would never start an empty spot unless it doesn't matter whether you win or lose this week (doubtful). I'd drop Philly defense if Davis is out or Wells if Davis plays. Bell is also dropable.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:27 pm

Defensive Scoring is VERY generous in my league....We give points for everything....sacks, ints, DTD, Fumble recovery, poinnts allowed, and yards allowed..

Eagles average 17 points a week.....pretty strong....I cant really consider this
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:34 pm

i've done that before and gotten past it with a win. look at it this way, if you pick up a te,you probably are looking at 4 or 5 points(assuming standard scoring). you got to look at who you are playing if their lineup looks a little weak or if there are divisions and they are not in your division, take a chance and leave gonzo out there during his bye.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:40 pm

drop Bell for a TE, then pick him back up if you really want...I doubt anyone will pick him up, barring a Denver RB injury melee... He's #3 on the depth charts... or 4? Something like that...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby cbrowns » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:49 pm

You said that this was a competitive league ? Somebody will probably pick up bell just to blackmail you after qtip's coming injury. But if you drop wells, not as big a risk. i would drop wells and pick up a te IF there is someone decent available. if there is nobody good enough to warrant, then keep gonzo in and roll. Gonzo on bye is the same as dallas clark playing anyway.
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Amazinz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:54 pm

D.D. practiced today so I'd go ahead and drop Wells. I'd grab the best TE available. You might get lucky and even if he scores only 1 point it's better than punting the category. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:06 pm

AMAZINZ & CBROWNS...I am most definitely following the WELLS and DDavis situation....until LATE into the week to make sure i dont do anything rash.....but im on the same page as you guys..

ONE POINT DOES MATTER...made a huge difference for me last week....WINNER by 1 point....

If i drop BELL considering the RB situation league wide fantasy and NFL....everybody is looking for a RB....Taking the chance to drop him and not get him back is a huge gamble considering I own GRIFFIN.....

IM sure somebody is gonna take a flier on RICKY before the end of the add/drop deadline....FOR NEXT SEASON...One Keeper League...
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:03 am

drop Bell - he's all hype so far.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor