Starting with an EMPTY roster spot.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Starting with an EMPTY roster spot....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:10 am

I would not drop Bell or Philly, especially not Philly D.

I would just wait. If DDavis plays, drop Wells. If he doesn't, leave the spot empty. TEs suck.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:13 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I would not drop Bell or Philly, especially not Philly D.

I would just wait. If DDavis plays, drop Wells. If he doesn't, leave the spot empty. TEs suck.

best advice yet.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Siggyfawn » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:45 am

I've done this before also. Roster spots are far more valuable then 4-8 pts for one week. Unless you don't watch the wavier, don't make many moves. I've gone with no kicker before. *lol*
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DaChiefs » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:48 am

Pete123444 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:I would not drop Bell or Philly, especially not Philly D.

best advice yet.

do what he said
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:59 am

I dont see why you just dont drop Wells anyway. You only start 2 RBs and already have Q and D. Davis on the bench. Davis may play this week, but if he doesnt he will for sure be back next week. Wells is just taking up a spot that will be worthless after this week anyway, and may already be worthless

The only way I would NOT drop Wells is if the person you are playing is in need of a RB for this week and would pick him up and start him.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:32 pm

Theres a team that's 4-0 in my league that has started Teyo Johnson every week! Tight ends are trash, I would hold onto every one of those bench players.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:06 pm

Wells is #1 on the drop list so that i can pick up the likes of GEORGE WRITHSTER... :-D

Bell is looking like he will get more than 2 carries, between 5-8, just found this on CBS.sportsline

Tatum Bell, RB DEN

News: According to the Rocky Mountain News, with Quentin Griffin nursing a sore ankle, rookie Tatum Bell is ready to play in Week 5 against Carolina if he is needed. "I'm just ready for any opportunity I can get, short yardage, first down," Bell said. "My mind-set . . . is this week is a little bit different. Practices translate to the games . . . Hopefully, I can show the coaches I'm ready if I'm needed."

Analysis: At this point, the Broncos are still hoping Griffin, who is questionable, can play. If he is ruled out, Bell should be considered a No. 3 or 4 option in larger leagues.

something to chew on.....
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:10 pm

What's your waiver priority? If you drop Bell on Saturday night, pickup a TE, play him, and put in a waiver claim Sunday night to drop the TE and pick Bell back up, do you think you'd get him back?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:13 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:What's your waiver priority? If you drop Bell on Saturday night, pickup a TE, play him, and put in a waiver claim Sunday night to drop the TE and pick Bell back up, do you think you'd get him back?

Doesn't work that way on Yahoo or SportsLine/NFL.com. If you're the team to drop a player he must clear waivers before you can claim him.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 pm

Flux wrote:
The only way I would NOT drop Wells is if the person you are playing is in need of a RB for this week and would pick him up and start him.

Bingo!...who would you guys start Qtin or DDavis, considering the situational factors? or Mewelde MOORE...

Qtin with the whole...BELL, DROUGHN, RBBC on its way...Please god no..

DDavis if he plays may reaggrevate his ankle and we all know Wells is just gonna step in...Davis could leave the game at any time....A la WARRICK DUNN has finished TWO of FOUR games on the bench...with good numbers possibly better if he played the game out...

other dude has priest(BYE) and SDavis is his third. Says he gonna play but he may be looking for other options like WELLS or MEWELDE Moore. I wanna pick this fool up and use him. Unless another owner gets to him before me.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk