Hot off the presses about Lewis! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hot off the presses about Lewis!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tomkatt » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:03 pm

Suspension is for weeks 7 & 8 I heard.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:12 pm

According to my sources, Lewis will play this weekend and his suspension is to begin after the Baltimore bye week.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:28 pm

that's a light punishment by the NFL, punish the thug, give him at least 4 games
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:00 pm

chaindog35 wrote:that's a light punishment by the NFL, punish the thug, give him at least 4 games

4??? Give him 6!!! :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Rockingout » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:16 pm

Update: If starting running back Jamal Lewis misses time due to suspension, Taylor will combine with Musa Smith in a running-back-by-committee, reports the Ravens official website.

Recommendation: According to Ravens coach Brian Billick, "I'm not real big on the label "starter," but I can tell you that both of those players (Taylor and Smith) will see substantial time in the backfield. We also want to continue to work B.J. Sams into our offense." A three-man committee is even worse for fantasy owners than a two-man committee, which makes it difficult to suggest a single handcuff (no pun intended) for Lewis. Despite competition from the bruising Smith and the speedy Sams, Taylor is the early favorite to get more action in Lewis' absence. Taylor has 21 rushing attempts for 121 yards this season, while neither Smith nor Sams have a single carry.

WTF!!!!
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bledsoe62203 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:43 pm

Count....way to be fast the with news blast

Oct. 7, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

ATLANTA -- Baltimore Ravens running back Jamal Lewis received a two-game suspension from the league after pleading guilty Thursday to using a cell phone to try to set up a drug deal. He will also be sentenced to four months in prison, to be served after the regular season ends in January.

It looks like he will play this week against Washington and begin his suspension week 7.
Bledsoe62203
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk