Players wanted for free keeper league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Players wanted for free keeper league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Players wanted for free keeper league

Postby JK » Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Hi
I'm setting up a free keeper league on the http://www.cosg.net/ff/ site and I'm looking for people to play against.
I live in New Zealand, so we'll have to draft the league by e-mail, starting as soon as possible.
If you're a committed fantasy footballer and are looking for a keeper league to join, send me an e-mail to: mailto:jkimber@paradise.net.nz and I'll let you know the details.
Cheers
Jim
JK

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Free Keeper League - Players Wanted

Postby JK » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:11 pm

OK, here's the basic details:

There will be 8 teams.

All teams will play each other twice in a 14-week regular season.

The top 4 teams will go into the playoffs, the bottom four teams will play for the Mickey Mouse Bowl.

Scoring will be pretty simple, roughly based on the scoring used in the NFL.com fantasy leagues, i.e.:
6 pts per TD; 1pt per 10 yds rushing or receiving; 1 pt for 25 yds passing; 3-5 pts for a FG depending on distance; 1 pt for a XP; 2 pts for a 2-pt conversion; -2 pts for a fumble or interception; 2 pts for a defensive fumble recovery or interception, 1 pt for a sack; defence scores points for holding opposition under certain scores. If you want a really complicated scoring system, this league probably isn't for you...

Starting line-ups must be: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Defence.

Rosters are limited to 16 players. You may draft and hold as many players of any position you like, but your starting line-up each week must be as above. There won't be flex positions. The idea of limiting the squad size is that there will always be some reasonably good free agents available.

Teams will be able to make trades, but there will be a trade deadline at some point - probably after week 9 or 10.

The draft will be by e-mail and will have to start ASAP. I'll draw for the order and then it will snake, i.e. round 1 will be: team A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, then round 2 will be: H, G, F, E, D, C, B, A. Round 3: A, B, C, D...

At the end of the season - well, before the next season - teams will be able to keep 4 players on their roster. All other players will go into the free agent pool for the next year's draft. The draft order will be determined by the previous year's regular season record, with the bottom-ranked team picking first, and the top-ranked team picking last. The draft will not snake - the order will be the same for each round.

So if this sounds like your kind of league, then e-mail me at mailto:jkimber@paradise.net.nz with a user name and a password and I'll add you in. I'm filling the league up on a first-come first-served basis.

Look forward to hearing back from you.
Cheers
Jim Kimber
JK

Postby Reloaded » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:48 am

I'm extremely intrested and I emailed you. Looking forward to it. ;-D
Reloaded
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Interest

Postby NFL2431 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:23 pm

I also e-mailed you and hope to hear back soon. Tis is gonna be a really cool league. How long do you think the draft will take?
NFL2431

Drafting soon - just a few places left

Postby JK » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:31 pm

Good to have you guys on board.
It is indeed an excellent site for FREE fantasy football. If you haven't already checked it out, then I suggest you do: go to http://www.cosg.net/ff/
I've still got a few spaces left for my league, so if you are interested, then e-mail me at mailto:jkimber@paradise.net.nz
Look forward to hearing from you.
Jim
;-D
JK

One (maybe 3) more player wanted for FREE league

Postby JK_ffc » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:54 am

Just one more space left (and we have an expression of interest), so if you're looking for a completely FREE fantasy keeper league, e-mail me quickly at: [url]mailto:jkimber@paradise.net.nz[/url]

We may well be expanding the league to 10 teams, so there might end up being 3 spaces left - in any case, let me know asap if you are interested and I'll send you some details.

In recent days the site administrator has announced that he's working on a setting up a live draft function, so if you're looking for a quality free fantasy footy site, then I suggest that it's well worth checking out http://www.cosg.net/ff/

Cheers
Jim
JK_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

count me in

Postby kamakazi_kal » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:47 pm

hey all

you can count me in for sure

mailto:keith.lau@unistudios.com

keith
kamakazi_kal

Postby Reloaded » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:48 pm

Sweet...we can get this draft underway! ;-D
Reloaded
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

keeper league

Postby hambone » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:23 pm

I would be interested if you expand to 10. I sent you an e-mail.
hambone

By popular demand...

Postby JK_ffc » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:42 am

Due to popular demand I'm setting up a second league. As with the first league, it's completely free, and will be on the Crossover site: http://www.cosg.net/ff/

It's going to be a 10-team keeper league using pretty similar scoring to what is described above. It'll be a slow (i.e. non-live) draft.

If you'd like to join, go to the Crossover site, click on the 'join an existing league' button and you'll be asked for the league name and password. These are:
League name: Outback
Password: cactus

I'm currently looking for 5 more owners (3 are signed up and two more have told me they want to) so hopefully we'll get this league up and running soon.

If you'd like any more information, please e-mail me at: mailto:jkimber@paradise.net.nz

Cheers
Jim
JK_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Classifieds