MEWELDE or WELLS...Short-term heros - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MEWELDE or WELLS...Short-term heros

Moderator: Football Moderators

MEWELDE or WELLS...Short-term heros

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:55 pm

Two backups, prominently arising in their organizations.

Injuries and suspension are the contributing factors to these 3rd and 4th string rbs playing time.

What do you think of their situations and projections?
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:16 am

I liked what Mewelde Moore showed in the preseason. He's a fast back who can catch the ball and make people miss in the open field. It also looks like Moe won't be playing this week so I expect Moore will get the vast majority of touches against a soft Houston defense.

As for Wells, a lot depends on Davis' status. That's obvious. DD hasn't played well lately with all of the fumbles and incosistency. So if DD does play, I expect Wells will at least get some touches, but I wouldn't expect too much this week. If DD doesn't play, then Wells still shares carries with Hollings. Also, I expect Houston to be playing from behind a bit with Minnesota's offense being so explosive. That makes Wells a bit of a risk since he's not as strong at catching the ball as, say DD.

Just my two cents... ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:55 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I liked what Mewelde Moore showed in the preseason. He's a fast back who can catch the ball and make people miss in the open field. It also looks like Moe won't be playing this week so I expect Moore will get the vast majority of touches against a soft Houston defense.

Just my two cents... ;-D

thanks DDD...this was exactly what i was fishing for. ;-D

As for HOUSTON RB situation....i firmly believe that this is gonna be a RBBC...Its in my GUT ;-7 ....Double D will start and will eventually give-up or have his carries taken away by the coaching staff to protect their PRIZE player. If he was a 100% Dom Davis would play the entire game.

He isnt and Wells had a delicious game last week(100+ and a TOUCH). Wells will get almost half of DD carries and Hollings will get less than 5. I have nothing to seriously back this up other than my own GUT. Only real evidence that i can site would be DDavis is questionable not probable and we all know the questionable=playing. Another thing would be possible soreness or swelling that would keep DDavis from finishing the game.

Oh yeah, Minnesotas pourous Run D will allow many different people to easily slide through and gain all types or points...unfortunately these points will be dispersed amoungst the TEXAS rbs.

JUST MY TWO CENTS+your two cents=4 cents. anybody else wanna contribute to this charity bowl for a softball field for the children :-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DanDigital » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:54 am

Youve gotta figure, though, that if Houston gets close to the goal line, Wells is going to pound in the TD. He's the power back, the Jerome Bettis of the Texans. So even if they split carries throughout the game, I think Wells is the most likely to get the rushing TD.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:06 am

DanDigital wrote:Youve gotta figure, though, that if Houston gets close to the goal line, Wells is going to pound in the TD. He's the power back, the Jerome Bettis of the Texans. So even if they split carries throughout the game, I think Wells is the most likely to get the rushing TD.

decent idea, but this has never happened...this year. Very possibly though.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Rusman » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:35 am

There's an article in the Houston Chronicle that someone else posted that stated that Capers will most likely be using ALL THREE backs this week. Davis feels well enough to play and Hollings is healed, so as long as nothing comes up with them, any of the three would probably be a bad play this week.

here;s the article: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... nt/2836648
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Postby Ciaran » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:12 pm

I'm going with Mewelde...
Ciaran
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hammerwx » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:10 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I liked what Mewelde Moore showed in the preseason. He's a fast back who can catch the ball and make people miss in the open field. It also looks like Moe won't be playing this week so I expect Moore will get the vast majority of touches against a soft Houston defense.

As for Wells, a lot depends on Davis' status. That's obvious. DD hasn't played well lately with all of the fumbles and incosistency. So if DD does play, I expect Wells will at least get some touches, but I wouldn't expect too much this week. If DD doesn't play, then Wells still shares carries with Hollings. Also, I expect Houston to be playing from behind a bit with Minnesota's offense being so explosive. That makes Wells a bit of a risk since he's not as strong at catching the ball as, say DD.
Just my two cents... ;-D

I'd definitely go with Moore .....esp now that Davis is listed as probable according to Fanball. One word of caution, I'm not so sure that M. Williams won't be able to go in this game. He has been practicing. Even if Williams does play, Moore should get at least 1/2 the action, but that could change as Wiliams gets healthier in the coming weeks. I would not count on Bennett anytime soon. Multiple knee problems/setbacks do not bode well for a speedy recovery (see Calico)
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benm3218 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:48 pm

Moore simply because he will get around 25 touches. Others as has been mentioned are splitting.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk