Better rest of season.. T. Henry or Tiki? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Better rest of season.. T. Henry or Tiki?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Better rest of season.. T. Henry or Tiki?

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:05 am

I'm thinking I can get Tiki for T. Henry & a #3 WR. This guy is really thin at WR.

My question is, is Tiki going to outperform Henry by alot the rest of the season?
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cbrowns » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:10 am

I don't think so. He may outperform him, but not by much at all. But if the #3 WR you are giving up is crap, then go ahead. The passing game for the giants seems much better than for the bills at this point, and that should keep defenses from complete run-D. That may mean a little more success for tiki than henry. But I do not say this because of the mcgahee factor. I just don't think buffalo is going to start willis this year.
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:54 am

It seems like Tiki will get more chances to score while Henry is stuck with a crappy O-line & a QB who's as mobile as a statue.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby pibb55 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:44 am

I dont think Tiki will even out perform Henry the rest of the way. Tikis TDs will not keep flowing and I see him getting 8-10 on the year at the most. Hes broken out two 50+ TDs and then a 8 yard one. If its within the 5 the Giants are giving it to Dayne or Cloud. I would never trade for Tiki right now, his value is at an alltime high and I cant see him keeping it up.
pibb55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DaChiefs » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:16 pm

id still easily take henry.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warpigs » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:43 pm

For some good insight into Tiki, check out the current "Great Debate" concerning him and Curtis Martin. If you get a chance, we'd love your opinion and vote on who's debate you felt was best. Just go to:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=91483
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:49 pm

Warpigs wrote:For some good insight into Tiki, check out the current "Great Debate" concerning him and Curtis Martin. If you get a chance, we'd love your opinion and vote on who's debate you felt was best. Just go to:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=91483

Yeah, good plug. While I obviously like Tiki over C-Mart, as you can read via the link above, I would take Henry over both. I really like Henry's fantasy playoff schedule and I think once the Bills as a team gain some footing, Henry will start putting up numbers.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby leernin64 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:06 am

if I had to choose Id take Tiki over Henry right now

but the trade all depends on how valuable your 3rd WR is

I would'nt give up too solid a WR to get the deal done
leernin64
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:47 am

I`ve got both and am having a real problem deciding who to play this week. Tiki, who has proven production this year going against a tough Dallas D or Henry going against the Jets with two O-linemen who might not play. Right now I'm going with Tiki based on the Bills banged up O-line. I think they are of equal value at this time. I am hoping that Henry and the Bills offense get better as the season goes along. They seem to really want to run the ball and Henry is getting all the carries. Buffalo has gone up against 3 good rushing defenses in Jax, Oak, and NE(arguable). On the other hand, don't forget that Tiki put up almost 2000 total yds and 11 rushing TD's in 2002. I don't think his current production is a fluke. I like having them both and will see how it goes as the season unfolds. If you believe in Henry, now would be a good time to buy him low. Tiki is too much, I think his value is more on par with a secondary WR, not a dtarting RB.....
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Bennett4prez » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:19 am

Travis Henry has faced New England, Jacksonville, Oakland, and had a bye week. Tiki Barber has faced Green Bay, Cleveland, Washington, and Philadelphia. Considering the defenses played, Tiki should have equal or better numbers to Henry with Henry's only good game coming off of Oakland. In that game, Henry accounted for a measly 21 attempts against a team that is 12th in YPG. Henry has had an uphill battle so far while Tiki is in the prime of his season. Don't ditch Henry for Tiki, you will be especially happy come playoff time.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk