Is Curtis Martin the real deal or what? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Curtis Martin the real deal or what?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:28 am

rohbshop wrote:think about it this way, Manning IS spreading the ball around alot more this year, Wayne and Stokley are stepping up, and i guarantee you that means less production for Harrison. Definitely not like the years where he was the only WR Manning was throwing to and thats how some of the people in this thread are still ranking him. Things change. Going from the main and pretty much only target to having a QB spreading it around w/ alot more capable targets means less fantasy production, especially with Wayne coming out of his shell.

Marvin Harrison is the 3rd most passed to WR in the NFL (41 passes thrown his way this season).

Marvin Harrison has the 6th highest reception total in the NFL (26 receptions in 4 games).

Marvin Harrison has the 6th most TDs for a WR in the NFL (3 TDs in 4 games).

How much does it really hurt Marvin if Manning spreads the ball around too much? Right now with Stokely and Wayne both having a couple HUGE games, Harrison is still quietly on pace to catch more than 100 passes, and score more than 10 TDs. I for one don't believe Marvin with end the year with less than 10 yards per catch at his current rate, it's much more believable that his numbers will see an increase when he gets his turn at the huge games.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:14 am

How many Tds does Martin already have? Like 4 or 5 in 3 games?!?! Your saying that Martin will only get 2-3 more TDs in 13 more games? He would be underachieving the rest of the year if he only finished with 10 TDs.

Seeing as CMart has averaged just over 6 td's a year over the past 7 years, and has reached double-digits only once (10 td's) in the past 7 years, if he got a total of 10 this year he would be greatly overachieving not underachieving. The year he did get 10 td's (2001) he had 7 in the first five games and then 3 the rest of the year and he got all of those in one game. History is not with the man......
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby rohbshop » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:37 am

Kensat30 wrote:
rohbshop wrote:think about it this way, Manning IS spreading the ball around alot more this year, Wayne and Stokley are stepping up, and i guarantee you that means less production for Harrison. Definitely not like the years where he was the only WR Manning was throwing to and thats how some of the people in this thread are still ranking him. Things change. Going from the main and pretty much only target to having a QB spreading it around w/ alot more capable targets means less fantasy production, especially with Wayne coming out of his shell.

Marvin Harrison is the 3rd most passed to WR in the NFL (41 passes thrown his way this season).

Marvin Harrison has the 6th highest reception total in the NFL (26 receptions in 4 games).

Marvin Harrison has the 6th most TDs for a WR in the NFL (3 TDs in 4 games).

How much does it really hurt Marvin if Manning spreads the ball around too much? Right now with Stokely and Wayne both having a couple HUGE games, Harrison is still quietly on pace to catch more than 100 passes, and score more than 10 TDs. I for one don't believe Marvin with end the year with less than 10 yards per catch at his current rate, it's much more believable that his numbers will see an increase when he gets his turn at the huge games.

well unless you think Manning is going to throw for 3-4 TD's every game, 350+ yards, there arent enough yards and TD's to go around. I dont see Manning doing that, even tho hes had some HUGe early games. Someone has got to take a hit, and it'll probably be Harrison considering he was their main and pretty much only target in seasons past. Well, i guess Manning could put up those numbers the rest of the season, but personally i wouldnt bet on it, unless they totally discount James and their running game.

We'll see i guess...
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:19 pm

Eh.

It seems as long as I keep Santana Moss on my roster Martin will put up monster numbers.

Enjoy.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk