Chargers Rookie Shot. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Chargers Rookie Shot.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chargers Rookie Shot.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:11 pm

ASSOCIATED PRESS
3:28 p.m., July 6, 2003

SAN DIEGO – San Diego Chargers second-round draft pick Terrence Kiel was released from a Houston hospital on Sunday, two days after being shot during an attempted carjacking.

General manager A.J. Smith, who spoke with Kiel by phone on Sunday, said there's a chance the rookie could be ready for the start of training camp on July 22.

"It sounds like he's just very lucky," Smith said. "It's a tough situation, but he'll be fine. He'll be as good as new in a couple of weeks. He's just very fortunate."

Ben Taub General Hospital confirmed that Kiel was discharged.

Kiel suffered three flesh wounds, Smith said. One was in the calf, one above his knee and one in his stomach.

The former Texas A&M safety was sitting in his car in a mall parking lot when he was shot by an unidentified man, Houston police said.

Kiel was selected 62nd overall by the Chargers in April's NFL draft.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:48 pm

I wonder how the violent crime rate among regular Joe's compares to that of NFL players, because they(NFL players) sure seem to get more than their fair share of trouble.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kashikis » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:00 am

good point homeless but i think their fame and wealth has something to do with it.

look at it this way. if your a carjacker do you rob the guy in a Mercedes or a Honda Accord. the people having more money are naturally going to draw more attention than others, when being picked as a target. also in some cases where there is direct contact (strip clubs etc.), they are identified and people single them out simply because they are famous. they wanna kick some famous guys butt just to say they did it. one good example is that guys in jail wanted to actually pick a fight with Mike Tyson! i mean seriously did they think they could win it a fist fight???

these guys get picked out for violent crimes because they are famous and have the $$$ (and dont mind flaunting). but who can blame them if i had a million bucks i wouldnt drive the car i own either and that automatically raises my victim rating :-t
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk