Deuce McAllister WILL play - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deuce McAllister WILL play

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deuce McAllister WILL play

Postby miracle » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:47 am

just heard it right now on Sportscenter so no link...id stay tuned to this regarding how many carries he'd potentially get, but i just thought id pass this along
miracle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ODOGG » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:04 am

welcome back welcome back welcomeeeeeeeeeeeee backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...now start making it happen Deuce!!!!!!!!!!!
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Yrr » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:19 am

As a Duece owner i would almost rather he sat out another week and get to 100% than come back a week early and probably split carries with Stecker...
Yrr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flux » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:19 am

Linda Cohn said he would TRY to play, not that he IS playing. The final decision isnt neccessarily his to make
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bartleby1983 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:21 am

yeah if i had him or stecker i wouldnt start either with both of them splitting carries this week, bad news for stecker owners
Bartleby1983
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:34 am

Saints coach Jim Haslett has not ruled out the possibility of playing running back Deuce McAllister in Sunday's home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

He has practiced on a limited basis the past two days, splitting time with running backs Aaron Stecker and Ki-Jana Carter. McAllister said he felt "tentative" and reported soreness after Thursday's workout.

Officially, McAllister is listed as questionable with the league office, indicating there's a 50-50 chance of him playing against the Buccaneers.

"I'm going to see how he feels tomorrow and what his mind-set is and what the trainers and doctors say and then we'll go from there," Haslett said Thursday.

"I thought he moved probably the best he's moved since he got hurt. But again, I'm going to see how his recovery is. He was sore today. But he fought through it. I told him to go out there and push it a little bit harder today. He wants to play in the worst way, and we'd love to have him."

Haslett said McAllister's recovery is ahead of schedule. Originally, he was expected to be sidelined four to five games.

"Going from right to left, he has a hard time," Haslett said. "The concern I have is this is going to be a physical game and there are going to be people around his ankles and people twisting and grabbing his leg.

"If he can hold up, great. If he feels like he can't or we feel like he can't, then we'll wait another week. He's going to have to convince the trainers and doctors before he does anything with me. He convinced me once before and he wasn't ready, so I'm not going to fall for it the second time around."

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ss ... 127240.xml

I hope he sits out as well, nothing in that article indicated he was healthy and he played like crap on a bum ankle last year.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Warpigs » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:35 am

As an owner of Magglio Ordonez this past fantasy baseball season, I'm feeling a dreary sense of deja vu with Deuce. Rushing back from an injury usually leads to more complications and a season's worth of disappointment.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby BigMusky » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:39 am

so you want to trade for him in the Great Debates league, Right?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:40 am

Smokescreen.

This doesn't do the Saints any good and it sure as heck won't do McAlister any good. Play Stecker, sit Deuce. That's what Haslett will do.

Maybe next week ...
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby URpwn3d » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:03 pm

Don't start Deuce this week. He'll have VERY limited carries if he plays at all. They won't bring him back fully until he's totally healed. He has trouble with lateral movement... I'd say that's a big sign that he's not 100% yet. hehe
URpwn3d
=Roster: 12 Team League=
QB: Pennington, Palmer
RB: McAllister, CBrown, Rudi, Henry
WR: Ward, AJohnson, JWalker, Bruce, Boldin
TE: Freddie Jones
K: Shayne Graham
Def: NYJ
URpwn3d
Cheerleader
Cheerleader