OK maneuver or wronful maneuver to fantasy team member - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

OK maneuver or wronful maneuver to fantasy team member

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is what I did fair in the game of fantasy football?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:21 am

Yes
44%
NO
56%

Total votes : 9

OK maneuver or wronful maneuver to fantasy team member

Postby i_am_the_one » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:21 am

The Rule...

A player may be place on IR.
During that time a player may be picked up until the 1st player comes back off injury. A player must be listed as out per cbs sportsline to be place on IR.

The facts.....

A guy in my division had picked up Dominick Rhodes when Stephen Davis went on IR. So I contacted our league manager and stated doesn't X player have to release Dominick because Stephen Davis is no longer listed as out? The manager said yes. After contacting the league manager I then contacted the owner of Edgerrin James to let him know Dominick would be on waivers real soon. He had Lamar Gordon sitting there so I thought he may want to pick him up.

This guy is now ticked and said I crossed over the line... Do you guys feel I did anything unjust?
i_am_the_one
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:29 am

why was DDAVIS on the wire anyways. what kind of league is this

Can't he decide to drop the IR player instead. Is he oblilgated to retain the IR player or is there a set rule that the replacement must leave as you are stating.

i have never played with an IR and am interested in this.

And to answer your question all you did was follow the rules. If you aren't leaving anything important out and not telling us so that you look to be the better person.

RULES ARE RULES cant change them in themiddle of the season.

you are fine...but who to drop thing sound weird to me..
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:31 am

oops rhodes...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:14 pm

It shouldn't be "listed as out". People can be listed as out and still come back and then play. They can also be listed as probable/questionable and not play.

He should have to drop Rhodes after Stephen Davis participates in a game.

Your rules are confusing. Maybe you should sit down with your league and clear it up.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:23 pm

I have no problem with your contact with the commish. But, contacting Edge's owner to advise on roster moves is a bit iffy, IMO. I never like it when league members discuss or advise each other, especially out of earshot of the rest of the league. Gravitates into the realm of 'collusion' too easily.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dominion » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:33 pm

Chopper wrote:I have no problem with your contact with the commish. But, contacting Edge's owner to advise on roster moves is a bit iffy, IMO. I never like it when league members discuss or advise each other, especially out of earshot of the rest of the league. Gravitates into the realm of 'collusion' too easily.

Yep you should have kept your trap shut to the Edge owner. Contacting the commish about a stated rule is fine though.
Dominion
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:35 pm

I agree with Chopper, not that it does the other owner much good bc edge is healthy right now, but you did cross the line a bit with contacting the other owner. The commish contact was a must in this situation. I don't think you did it intentially to hurt other players, but it did cross the line. If I were you I would avoid this situation in the future, it's the other owner's responsibility to find out who's on the WW.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Y2J » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:17 pm

To me, the definition of IR is that a player is out for the season. If by IR, you mean any player on the injury report is allowed to be put there, thats one thing. Or do they have to be listed as Out? Clarify this. Also, they should be allowed to store a player there until they either drop him, or want to make a roster move, then it must be fixed. Thats how yahoo does the baseball and basketball injured lists.
Y2J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:21 pm

I read half then I got lost, then I tried again with no sucess. I think some leagues think the more complicated you make somthing the more legit it looks. Simplify.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby i_am_the_one » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:44 pm

Our IR is any one who is listed out. It maybe one week to a year. When that person comes off IR you must release someone at that position.
i_am_the_one
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk