IS D STALEY PLAYING? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IS D STALEY PLAYING?

Moderator: Football Moderators

IS D STALEY PLAYING?

Postby FreddyK78 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:40 pm

Wanting to know if D Staley is playing this Sunday. Many analysts are saying that he is going to score his first TD this year against a crapy CLE D.

I also have D Foster and heard that Davis is coming back and they will split touches. Wanting to use Staley instead but need to know status. I last heard he was questionable.

Thanks
FreddyK78
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby chip42180 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:26 pm

I don't think they really have a choice. Staley SHOULD start.
chip42180
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:26 am

Steelers starting running back Duce Staley (toe) was downgraded from probable Wednesday to questionable on Thursday’s injury report, but Bettis said he expects Staley to be in the starting lineup for Sunday’s game against the Browns.

“(The preparation) doesn’t change,” Bettis said. “It happens from week to week. It could change…but I would expect to see Duce (start Sunday).”

If Staley can’t go, Bettis would likely be Pittsburgh’s starting running back. Verron Haynes and undrafted rookie Willie Parker could also see time in the backfield.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_roo ... 250.0.html

Sounds like he is a go ;-D Or so Bettis is hoping, you mean I gotta be on the field for a whole drive before getting my touchdown :-°
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby allmotorjunkie » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:27 am

Cleveland Def crappy? They held Jamal Lewis & Clinton Portis to under average games.

I have Staly and want him to start but I think Cleveland DEF is pertty good.
allmotorjunkie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:42 am

Here is the latest update on Duce:

09OCT04 Pittsburgh Gazette on Duce Staley : Steelers RB Staley does his best to avoid speaking to reporters during the week, and so it was again when he waved off any questions about his health for tomorrow's game against the Browns. But Staley went through an entire practice yesterday for the first time this week and is expected to start against the Browns, despite having an infected toenail removed Thursday morning. "I'll talk on Sunday," he said.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk