Q. Griffin leaves practice Friday,won't play Sunday !!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Q. Griffin leaves practice Friday,won't play Sunday !!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rohbshop » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:30 pm

actually its a carry over from another thread, hence the Martz reference not to mention the CMart one where he wanted to believe CMart was washed up. trust me, at least some of it is bitterness ;-D

btw Shanahan specifically stated before the season it'd be rbbc unless someone really stepped it up, which Q did in training camp, but i'm not sure he can be the workhorse.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cbrowns » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:46 pm

I have a general question for all you people who are so desperately clinging to the possibility of tatum bell starting ? Did you draft that poorly that you need him to start or your team is RB-thin ? Because if you really were counting on that, then you had a bad draft strategy to begin with. I do have t bell on my team, but I don't NEED him to start. It would actually be trade bait if he did, because I made sure I had 2 STARTING nfl rb's before I even thought about Bell in the middle rounds. But good luck if injuries have hit your team and you find yourself thin for that reason.
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:48 pm

rohbshop wrote:actually its a carry over from another thread, hence the Martz reference not to mention the CMart one where he wanted to believe CMart was washed up. trust me, at least some of it is bitterness ;-D

btw Shanahan specifically stated before the season it'd be rbbc unless someone really stepped it up, which Q did in training camp, but i'm not sure he can be the workhorse.

Well Shanahan saying its gonna be RBBC is like Martz saying he's gonna go with a conservative dink and dunk passing game. Not gonna happen.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:50 pm

cbrowns wrote:I have a general question for all you people who are so desperately clinging to the possibility of tatum bell starting ? Did you draft that poorly that you need him to start or your team is RB-thin ? Because if you really were counting on that, then you had a bad draft strategy to begin with. I do have t bell on my team, but I don't NEED him to start. It would actually be trade bait if he did, because I made sure I had 2 STARTING nfl rb's before I even thought about Bell in the middle rounds. But good luck if injuries have hit your team and you find yourself thin for that reason.

Uh, I don't think anyone drafted Bell as one of their 2 starting RB's...
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:11 am

cbrowns wrote:I have a general question for all you people who are so desperately clinging to the possibility of tatum bell starting ? Did you draft that poorly that you need him to start or your team is RB-thin ? Because if you really were counting on that, then you had a bad draft strategy to begin with. I do have t bell on my team, but I don't NEED him to start. It would actually be trade bait if he did, because I made sure I had 2 STARTING nfl rb's before I even thought about Bell in the middle rounds. But good luck if injuries have hit your team and you find yourself thin for that reason.

I drafted 3 starting RBs in front of Bell and that wasn't enough to cover my ass. I admit he was a risky pick, but I stand by it. There's no way I'm dropping Bell right now even though I desperately need a short term solution to my running back problems.

With Griffin out due to injury, there's a chance Bell can get in there and impress on Sunday. That's all a Bell owner can really ask for, a chance that Bell will get on the field and do well enough to earn some more carries.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:19 am

Kensat30 wrote:

I drafted 3 starting RBs in front of Bell and that wasn't enough to cover my ass. I admit he was a risky pick, but I stand by it. There's no way I'm dropping Bell right now even though I desperately need a short term solution to my running back problems.

With Griffin out due to injury, there's a chance Bell can get in there and impress on Sunday. That's all a Bell owner can really ask for, a chance that Bell will get on the field and do well enough to earn some more carries.
Griffin isn't out. He'll probably play, which means Bell should expect about two carries. If that.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby muzz » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:37 am

They are interviewing Ruben on the NFL network right now (must be taped right), it was sometime after the practice that Q got pulled for soreness in cutting...

He said IF Q can't go it will be RBBC between himself, Hearst and Bell.

Nothing new here......
Don't blame us if your players stink the place up....You got our OPINION, your not paying any money for advice!!
If your new guy gets injured.. it happens, and not part of the equation beforehand.
Good Luck, and Thanks for being reasonable.
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk