Can Deuce McAllister return to form? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can Deuce McAllister return to form?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can Deuce McAllister return to form?

Postby just havin fun » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:29 pm

I picked up Deuce after he was dropped due to injury and have been taking zeros from his slot for the last several weeks. Do you guys think that my patience will pay off or is Deuce's injury going to hold him back for the remainder of the year?
just havin fun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:33 pm

I believe the next few weeks will be very frustrating for Deuce owners, me included. Deuce won't bounce back to form immediately...it's going to take a little bit of patience from all of us.

HOWEVER, I do believe he will return to form and bust out some c-notes and 2 TD games. If you can get a little win streak going before he hits his stride midseason, BAM. You're in good shape ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby just havin fun » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:34 pm

There is no bench in my league, so all of my players MUST be played. My RB's are Deuce Mac and Stephen Davis. I drafted Stephen Davis in the second round (27th overall), but picked up Deuce for $1 after he was dropped by some crazy dude. I had to drop William Green to get Deuce. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

I am currently 6th in a 16 team league:

QB-Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger
RB-Deuce McAllister, Stephen Davis
WR-Isaac Bruce, Derrick Mason, Roy Williams, Terry Glenn
K-John Carney, John Hall
Def-Pittsburgh
just havin fun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:22 am

just havin fun wrote:There is no bench in my league, so all of my players MUST be played. My RB's are Deuce Mac and Stephen Davis. I drafted Stephen Davis in the second round (27th overall), but picked up Deuce for $1 after he was dropped by some crazy dude. I had to drop William Green to get Deuce. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

I am currently 6th in a 16 team league:

K-John Carney, John Hall
Def-Pittsburgh

Damn, how did you get such a stacked roster. You have TWO starting QBs.... Money.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby just havin fun » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:49 am

I am in a 16 team league (2 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 2 K, 1 Def). I ended up with the 5th overall pick, so I got Peyton of course. I couldn't believe he was still available. With the 27th overall pick (2nd round), I took Stephen Davis. For comparison purposes, the guy that picked 8th overall got Donovan McNabb and Edge (24th overall).
I took Derrick Mason with my third pick and Tommy Maddox with my fourth pick (All of the QB's were disappearing). Here is my 5th thru 11th round picks:

5th: Isaac Bruce
6th: Roy Williams
7th: Terry Glenn
8th: Travis Minor (later dropped for Deuce McAllister)
9th: John Carney
10th: John Hall
11th: Pittsburgh D

When Tommy Maddox got injured, I picked up Ben Roethlisberger for about 40$. I think I had too much to drink by the 8th round because I drafted Travis Minor. When I sobered up about 2 weeks later, I dropped Minor and picked up William Green. I was willing to go the whole season with Willy as my second RB, but some guy dropped Deuce after week #2, so I picked him up for 1$.

Barring injury, I think I can ride my team thru WEEK 16. This is my first year to ever play FF. The league that I am in has been around for 13 years. With a little help from Deuce and Davis, I really think i have a chance of winning the JACKPOT! What do you think?

K-John Carney, John Hall
Def-Pittsburgh
just havin fun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Smizzy » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:17 am

Yes he can....not this week however.
Smizzy