How Does this work? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Does this work?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How Does this work?

Postby bensley » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:07 am

I need to find out everything i can about fantsy sprots: from the basics of playing to the technological aspect. If anyone has information concerning this please let me know. Thanks alot.
bensley Beginner
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:56 am

join a free yahoo league....

read all the league rules...

read up on alot of different sites...

Draftzone.com has a lot of ARTICLES that document how to play or at least what strategies are good...maybe on the home page or articles archives from a month or two back...

just pay attention to all the posts and im sure you be able to figure it out...

try asking direct question not something as broad as this one.

heres a base to build on...

fantasy football is kinda like real football game....but Fantasy is directly based on STATISTICS...statistics tell us mostly everthing about a player and his teammates...

Most leagues start depends on your leagues rules

1 qb
2 rb, sometimes 3
2 wr, sometimes 3
Flex- usually a RB or WR, basically an xtra position to create points
1 te, sometimes zero
1 kicker, sometimes aero
1 defense, sometimes IDP individual defensive players
and you are allotted a handfull of bench players 6-8

sorry man there is toooooo much to tell, hope this helps.

oh yeah different types of leagues

Redraft, self explanatory your league redrafts every year
Keeper, you can carry over certain number of players a year
Dynasty, you must live with all your decisions for life...

and you are allotted a handfull of bench players 6-8
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:56 pm

Wow... That's a VERY vague question, and we could probably spend the remainder of the season answering it...

The Basics:

Fantasy Sports allow you to act as an owner of a fantasy sports franchise... At the beginning of the season (in most leagues) all the owners in the "league" draft players from the actual professional sports league by taking turns picking players from the ranks of the real sport to fill a fantasy roster... In football, after every team has 13-18 players, the teams are set, and the season is ready to begin... From your 13-18 person roster, each week you choose players to fill fantasy roster spots... Generally those spots are:

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 Team DEF

These spots vary from league to league, but that's a basic set-up...

In most leagues each team plays one other team every week, and scores for each team are based on the statistics that each player on your starting roster put up for that week... Typical scoring is something like this:

QB: 50 yards = 1 point, 1 TD = 6 points

RB / WR / TE: 10 yards = 1 point, 1 TD = 6points

K: 1 extra point = 1 point, 1 field goal = 3 points

DEF: 1 sack = 1 point, 1 turnover = 2 points, various points scored based on oppositions total points scored

Again, this varies greatly, but that's a basic scoring system...

After the full week of games in the real NFL, the total scores of each fantasy player's roster is tallied, and the person who scores the most points (between the two fantasy players that are matched up that week) gets a win... The looser, obviously gets a loss...

Towards the end of the season, the worst teams are eliminated, and the best teams face eachother in a playoff tournament, that culminates in a Superbowl Game between the last two remaining teams...

During the course of the season, you can drop people off your fantasy roster and add other players, and you can trade players with other people in your league...

In every league there is a commissioner that oversees fair play and makes sure the league runs smoothly, and settles the inevitable disputes...

That's the basics... I could go on for 30 more pages about the ins and outs of Fantasy Football alone, and there are similar fantasy rules for just about every other professional sport, as well...

Hope that helps...

This link might give you more insight:

http://football.about.com/od/fantasyfoo ... asy101.htm

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: How Does this work?

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:46 pm

bensley wrote:I need to find out everything i can about fantsy sprots: from the basics of playing to the technological aspect. If anyone has information concerning this please let me know. Thanks alot.

Sorry we don't have any information on fantasy sports here. ;-)
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk