Do you like limits on waiver moves or no limits? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you like limits on waiver moves or no limits?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby nugsfan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:27 pm

Thats insane, sounds to me like you got beat by a ww pick-up and are still bitter about it. As a matter of fact Boldin was drafted last year in our draft. As for that Break out player, if you did a better job evaluating your roster and saw someone with a higher upside you could just as easily make a move unloading someone from the bottom of your roster to pick them up. You just want to make sure you keep everybody down that didnt come out of the draft as well as you. In some leagues nobody wants to trade so that is the only way in wich to accomplish anything, think about it or continue to win meaningless games against owners that quit paying attention after wek 4 or 5 because they have no chance, have it your way.
nugsfan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:53 am

i have never played in a Trans-limit league and it seems very very smart way to control the overall fantasy strategy for owners who are interested in adding more depth and integrity to a league. First off, you would need owners who are committed more than the typical, casual, beginner, fun-oriented, easy going type of owners.

Trans-limit seems to be more of a purist way of playing. Im actually loving this format... :-D because of the DRAFT-focus mainly and the other mentioned reasons...

sorry im need to leave the computer...and leave my thought incomplete...ill return with more ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:27 am

Our league has a bidding system. Each team is assigned 100 points at the begining of the year to use on picking up FA's. We have to have our bids in by 10:00 Wednesday night, so there is usually a mad rush of posts at 9:59. If you tie with another owner the player stays on the wire for a week. So it is somewhat limited. A lot of teams use their points on kickers and defenses and are only bidding a point or two, so by the end of the year they still have 80 somthing points left at the end of the year. Im usually down to 20 or so by week 7 because I go all out trying to find that new sleeper. Its nice only being able to pick-up guys one day a week too. Sometimes you hear player injury news in the early morning and Im sure you run and pick up his backup. Well in our league everyone has a chance to do thier homework. No excuses I guess. Its the only way our league has ever done it, and its definetly not a system that will be changed.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk