So...what is Mozilla? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

So...what is Mozilla?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So...what is Mozilla?

Postby Melo255 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:15 pm

I heard Mozilla mentioned a bunch of times over at the Baseball Cafe during my time there whenever someone complained about their browser or spyware or whatever someone else then mentioned that they used Mozilla and didn't have any problems. Since I've come to the dark side I've seen it mentioned a few times as well. My interest is now piqued. What I want to know is what exactly is it. Anything you can tell me would be great. Also and most importantly is it free. I have AOL and I'm fed up so I'm looking for something else that won't slow down my computer forever. Let me hear you fans of Mozilla rap about the product. Thanks in advance from a computer moron.
Melo255
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:33 pm

Mozilla is a web browser (like IE and Netscape). It's basically for people who don't want to be suckered into the Microsoft world of everything integrated into Windows. It has a pop-up blocker built in, it has a Google search bar, and it has pretty much all the same functionality as IE or Netscape does. I started using it about two weeks ago and have had little to no problems with it! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:06 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Mozilla is a web browser (like IE and Netscape). It's basically for people who don't want to be suckered into the Microsoft world of everything integrated into Windows. It has a pop-up blocker built in, it has a Google search bar, and it has pretty much all the same functionality as IE or Netscape does. I started using it about two weeks ago and have had little to no problems with it! ;-D

Yep ;-D I've had it for two months now and it's much better than Internet Explorer IMO.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flockers » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:11 pm

I use MSN. ;-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Monty » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:31 pm

IE baby... WOOHOOO Microsoft
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:15 pm

This is the Light Side, if those Baseball punks have been calling us the Dark Side, they jacked our nickname for them.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bmhowe » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:06 pm

If you are just looking for a browser, then use Firefox. It uses a large chunk of the Mozilla code, and puts a better user interface wrapper around the browser. Also, Mozilla typically includes a mail program, address book, etc., and it sounds like you wouldn't need that. I've used Mozilla/Firefox for >2 years with very few complaints. Oh yeah, Firefox is only a 4.5 MB download while Mozilla is about twice the size (in case you're on a dial-up connection.
bmhowe
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:16 pm

bmhowe wrote:If you are just looking for a browser, then use Firefox. It uses a large chunk of the Mozilla code, and puts a better user interface wrapper around the browser. Also, Mozilla typically includes a mail program, address book, etc., and it sounds like you wouldn't need that. I've used Mozilla/Firefox for >2 years with very few complaints. Oh yeah, Firefox is only a 4.5 MB download while Mozilla is about twice the size (in case you're on a dial-up connection.

Yes, this is what I am using. I thought it was all the same...but yeah, Firefox is the way to go. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:56 pm

Be warned, I think you have to download an additional application if you want to do live yahoo fantasy drafts and such, as it uses Java.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:10 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Be warned, I think you have to download an additional application if you want to do live yahoo fantasy drafts and such, as it uses Java.

Microsoft I believe no longer installs java anyway (somebody correct me if Im wrong) or at least the virtual machine thats needed for a lot of apps. So you would have to DL it anyway (at least I had to on my girlfriends computer)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk