Azumah returning...something to think about. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Azumah returning...something to think about.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Azumah returning...something to think about.

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:17 pm

He may be a FA in leagues that have IDP...he's a pretty darn good kick returner and might help the Bears defense a little bit (possible matchup defense usage).

Yahoo! Sports wrote:LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- Two months after surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck, Pro Bowl kick returner Jerry Azumah is ready to play football again for the Chicago Bears.

Azumah has resumed practicing and hopes to play Oct. 17 when Chicago faces the Washington Redskins following a bye week.

After the surgery Aug. 6, early indications were he could miss three to four months.

``I think I'm surprising myself. Basically we had this target date. It's just basically following what the doctor had told me,'' Azumah said Wednesday.

``After the surgery I knew that I had to get strong. I knew that I had to have a certain period of time where I would just let the bones heal. That time has passed, so I'm now just gradually trying to get back into it and hopefully play against Washington.''
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:19 pm

Thats what I was thinking, if your league carries enough IDPs and counts return yards, Azumah could make a very nice roster pickup. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:01 pm

Might make Chicago's D a nicer #2 defense pickup, too.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk