The Contract Year Theory - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Contract Year Theory

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Contract Year Theory

Postby senseiosin » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:35 pm

Ive been thinking about what alot of people have been saying about contract year players having great numbers. It makes sense to me considering how many H2's and Bentleys they have to buy for their sister's cousin's roommate's dogsitters friend and what not :-D . Is there anywhere you guys know of where I can find a listing of contract year players or do you know of any semi-high profile guys off hand that are in the last year of their current contract? I found a list from 2002 but not an updated one for this season. Thanx
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joester » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:37 pm

Terrell Owens and Torry Holt are in contract years.
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Eraus » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:44 am

Not a huge name but Tai Streets is also in the last year of his contract.
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party never ends!
Eraus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:52 am

This subject has come up quite often over the last couple of months. Here is a link to a previous discussion on Contract Years.

And for those who do not want to read it, you can find Contract Year Info at http://www.nflpa.org

I highly recommend reading the link and checking out the site. Both good resources. Hope this helps! ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:26 am

Yeah, what Slowkidz said :-) LOL
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Arlo » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:38 am

I have to say I'm not entirely sold on this theory. For every recommendation you see to pick up Player A because he's in a contract year and will be trying his hardest, you can find one to draft Player B who just signed a new contract and will be more comfortable since he doesn't have to worry about it any more...

I'd say contract status is one more piece of information to keep in mind, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Last edited by Arlo on Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DUKE » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:42 am

Arlo wrote:I have to say I'm not entirely sold on this theory. For every recommendation you see to pick up Player A because he's in a contract year and will be trying his hardest, you can find one to draft Player B who just signed a new contract and will be more comfortable since he doesn't have to worry about it any more...

I'd say contract status is one more piece of information to keep in mind, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I agree. It seems as if the theory is a little more consistent in baseball and basketball.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Return to Football Talk