Vick does bad again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vick does bad again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby milkdudman34 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:32 pm

I wouldn't have had a problem with it if they would have been wrong. But they pointed out how stupid I was for even considering starting Brees, when of course, he loses two fumbles AGAIN. Oh well, I still have a chance to win.
QB: Bulger, Pennington, Rivers
RB: L. Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Tatum Bell, Anthony Thomas
WR: Marques Colston, J. Walker, Owens
TE: Witten
K: Tynes
DST: Chiefs, Bengels
milkdudman34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:37 pm

foam wrote:Is the reason why he fumbled because the line can't block worth crap? Or was he just holding the ball too long?

Well, I was at this game. It was mainly the O-Line. It didn't seem Vick was holding it any longer than other QB's would, even though he wasn't protecting the ball like he should.

I'm giving Vick one more week to do something before I totally give up on him.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Lung » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:53 pm

I'll always maintain that Vick is a decent quarterback with great potential upsides.

But his value is only fully captured when drafted where quarterbacks normally go. (6th or 7th round) Vick becomes a huge disappointment when drafted early as he often is; a lot of times he goes in the 3rd round, 2nd round, and occasionally a moron grabs him with his first pick.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby n1vek » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:02 pm

I have Vick on my roster, and am obviously dissapointed. Should I bench him and hope he turns around (On this particular team, I have Leftwich and Brees as backups) or trade him off immediatly?
n1vek
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ironhorse75 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:20 am

If you want to trade him off I would at least wait for a decent game to shoot his value up.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Siggyfawn » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:38 am

It's impossible to get decent value for Vick.

In 2002 he put up huge FF numbers. In 2003 he also put up great numbers in those 4 games.

The new offense, having Vick under tight wraps, has obviously hurt. I think as things go, they will find a better flow in plays. They need to roll him out way more, way more bootlegs, and way more draws. At this point in his career, he can't just sit in the pocket and pick apart a team. He hangs on to the ball way too long, and it's obviously not working.

He's on pace for 800 yds or so, and he hit his WRs a bunch yesterday. I think over the next 2-3 weeks we'll see Vick come into his own, because he just hasn't looked comfortable.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby einglety » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:34 am

I think instead of focusing on how bad vick's offense was, we should consider how highly impressive Detroit's D was, and has been all season besides the philly game... Thoughts??? We completely shut Vick down
einglety
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chronic cameltosis » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:04 am

Vick is the most overrated player in the history of fantasy football. I challenge someone to name me a player who has done less but been taughted as much.

Every week, you'll see see posts stating that if you bench Vick you're a moron or idiot. What has he ever done? Granted he had 1 good year, where he was a top 5 QB. Thats was 2 years ago. Anybody who continues to start Vick, is not facing reality. No offense to the Lions Defense, they are much approved over the past few years, but they have been vulnerable against the pass. Vick, could do nothing against them. Vick reminds me alot of another QB, who came out and made highlight film plays his first year. Kordell Stewart. And we all know what happened with him.
In It to Win It
chronic cameltosis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:27 am

Vick is a great RB, but he's never impressed me as a QB. In leagues favoring the running QB, he's always worth the gamble to take as the ~4th QB in the draft, but never been proven enough for me.

I don't count the sacks against him, because more often than not sacks are the O-line's fault. Turning the ball over however is something really dislike in QBs. I'm a firm believer that you can estimate a QBs worth by TD/turnover ratio.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting