Droughns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Droughns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:44 am

Every year there is a player like Droughns...last year it was Rudi Johnson....well not exactly but you know what I mean....Why not take a chance on him. He gained 193 yards on the ground w/ a TD for Godsakes!
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:53 am

Do you guys remember week 1 against KC and the following three weeks. Griffin started high, and right now is very low. After a MONSTER performance against a weak run Defense. Not to mention Shanny Clearly stated that Qtin is his man and he has Confidence in him starting and playing well.

Are you understanding where i am going with this?

Now to the present WEEK 5. Qtin didn't even smell the ball. I think tatum had more carries than him.

Droughns Monster performance after WEEK 5. And who knows what is next in Denver.

My team is stuck with bell and Griffin on my roster and have absolutey zero idea about the Denver situation considering the FACT that shanny never tells the WHOLE truth.

I clearly stated in another post that Droughns was the featured RB for the most part of the WEEK 4 game. And trusted Shannys word that griffin was the starter and look at where i am now. :-t im just lucky that i have GREAT DEPTH at RB and can afford this HORRIBLE blow to many fantasy teams. This is exactly why you need a LARGE STABLE OF RBs. Heart of a prepared fantasy owner.

MAY GOD BLESS ALL DENVER RB OWNERS...i must be blessed twice (griffin)~~~(Bell) handcuffed to the bench, end of the bench next to the EXIT like in basketball.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby cbrowns » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:55 am

After holding onto Bell, I think I am finally admitting that he will not be this year's Clinton Portis. How sad. I suppose I will hold onto him anyway, as I can drop lesser players for my drop/adds. But I agree that this denver backfield looks like a crowded mess for the near future. Maybe Droughns will be the guy. I have learned something here: Shanahan's words can't be trusted, we all know that; but if you look at his actions last week when he gave droughns way more carries than Bell, I should have acted accordingly on the waiver wire. I doubt many of us realized this, but looking back, I think we were all just clouded by hope for Tatum.
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:37 am

but if he lays a 100 spot next week?
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:09 am

I dont think Droughns is going to take over the feature role, but I would expect more of a RBBC from here on out
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:15 am

I see split carries between Q-Tip and Droughns. Bell may get a few carries, but his value took a huge hit Sunday with the emergence of Droughns.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:36 am

Fanball reports that when asked who will be starting at RB next week, Shanny replied

You guys will just have to follow us as the week goes and see who gets it this week

Thanks a lot assclown.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:58 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Fanball reports that when asked who will be starting at RB next week, Shanny replied

You guys will just have to follow us as the week goes and see who gets it this week

Thanks a lot assclown.

haha

Im guessing he's doing that b/c if Q. Griffin is healthy and ready he doesnt want to not start him b/c he would lose all his confidence.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikey » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:01 am

Flux wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:Fanball reports that when asked who will be starting at RB next week, Shanny replied

Thanks a lot assclown.

haha

Im guessing he's doing that b/c if Q. Griffin is healthy and ready he doesnt want to not start him b/c he would lose all his confidence.

More like Shanahan would have to eat a huge piece of humble pie for annointing Griffin the starter in the first place.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk