What's up with Harrison ?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's up with Harrison ??

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's up with Harrison ??

Postby pinup22 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:45 pm

Anybody have any idea what is up with Marvin Harrison.

Peyton throws 3 TD's and none goes to Marvin who only had 3 catches for 44 yards.

Wayne has stepped up and has better stats thus far.

Is it still to early to call, or has Harrison lost his HUGE fantasy edge?
pinup22
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby andus » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:15 pm

No question he wasn't worth a first-tier receiver pick. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ttz » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:15 pm

Look at his stats since he had those 2 big games early last year. They have been 2nd or 3rd wr level. Manning just has too many options now. He doesnt have to force to ball to harrison like he did a few years back.
ttz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mad benjamin » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:37 pm

I see the Indy WR sitch as being like the Rams. Harrison is Bruce, Wayne is Holt and Stokely is Proehl. I like him, but Marvin is probably no longer the automatic go-to guy in the offense any more. Will he bust loose now and then? Sure, but he is not going to be a 10 catch for 150 yd and 2 TD guy every week any more.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:40 pm

mad benjamin wrote:I see the Indy WR sitch as being like the Rams. Harrison is Bruce, Wayne is Holt and Stokely is Proehl. I like him, but Marvin is probably no longer the automatic go-to guy in the offense any more. Will he bust loose now and then? Sure, but he is not going to be a 10 catch for 150 yd and 2 TD guy every week any more.

I see it more like harrison is holt, the stud who gets blanketed and whose stats suffer. Bruce is wayne, a solid reciver who benifits greatly from having a stud on the other side from him. Stokely is any of the rams other recievers, puts up solid numbers and is worth a roster spot and an occasional start.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cooleyhigh » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:53 pm

I just unloaded him and Dillon for Duece and Steve Smith in a dynasty and got accused of collusion :-#

Luckily most owners knew better.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Gryphons » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:56 pm

You have to remember that Wayne was a first round pick. Its no surprise that he is starting to emerge in his own right. He's simply becoming the player the Colts thought he would be when they drafted him in the first round. Last year, he was starting to develope into a good receiver, then got injured, which retarded his progress. This year, he's remained relatively injury free. Its made a big difference. That, along with Stokely being an option, has really cut in to Harrison's numbers. Harrison will have his moments, but the Colts in general, have a lot more options this year. And don't forget, Edge is healthy, so he's also going to get the ball some of the time. Given all that, there's just a limit on how much one guy can get the ball.
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cbrowns » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:23 am

I agree with gryphons. But even with the increased options for manning, I would think that Marv would be doing better than THIS. I mean, manning throws it like 95 times a game, you would think that more than 3 or 4 of those would go to marv. It's not like edge catches a ton of balls out of the backfield like he did 3 years ago. I'm lucky I didn't draft harrison, because he has always been my favorite, a delightful opposite to the mouths of TO and Moss. I can't believe I just used the word 'delightful.'
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:38 am

cooleyhigh wrote:I just unloaded him and Dillon for Duece and Steve Smith in a dynasty and got accused of collusion :-#

Luckily most owners knew better.

Really? Wow, that doesn't seem off balanced. Definitely not warranting accusations of collusion.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Shader » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:32 am

I've said it all year. Harrison just isn't a top wr anymore. Moss, Owens, AJohnson are much more solid. I think Harrison might be GREAT trade bait though. Get him low right now, and he'll break out of his slump.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk