What's up with Harrison ?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's up with Harrison ??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Steve_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:28 am

Yeah I'm going to hold onto him and hope he breaks out soon. Don't feel like I could get much out of him right now in a trade. Plus if I traded him he would prob break out the next game with my luck!!!
Winning Isn't Everything, It's The Only Thing!!!
Steve_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:30 am

Yeah I have Harrison and Taylor and it's impossible to trade either right now nd get good value for them. I'm just going to ride them out and hope they both breakout.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby East Bay Ray » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:21 am

I think is contract is going to expire soom too. I think the Colts are looking to see if Wayne and the other WRs can step up. So far they have.
East Bay Ray
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:15 am

I was saying all offseason that as a Harrison owner last year, he wasn't worth where he was being taken.

This year is really no different from last. He had 450yds and 5 TD's in two huge games last year, and 850yds and 5 TD's in the other 14 games...That's about 60yds/game and a TD every 3 games in those 14 games.
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:54 am

I was pretty upset that I picked him in the second round, but since I traded him last week and watched A. Jouhnson tear it up again, I'm feeling a lot better.

Harrison's time of being a top-tier WR is over, he's still great, but I don't believe he will have too many monster games this season.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:10 am

I hate to say I told ya so but I called this shot in July and got blasted for it...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone else think that with all the other weapons now availbale to Peyton that Marvin's production might decrease slightly. With the emergence of Wayne and now two solid (and healthy)TE's in Pollard and Clark not to mention a healthier Edge that the ball might be spread around a little more. I traded Marvin and got good value for him and just have a hunch that his numbers might drop a little from the past few years. JMO
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Chudstud » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:12 pm

Isn't this really an issue of coverage? Harrison is still perceived by defenses as the guy you gotta keep from getting the ball at all costs. Pass defenders who play Indy make it about stopping Harrison, not about stopping passes -- because the name "Harrison" still inspires awe.
Chudstud
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

Postby Chopper » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:16 pm

Weird, but I'm relieved Indy's got a bye next week so I can bench him without guilt.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:17 pm

That name might inspire awe to the defenses they play but it wasn't inspiring awe to the other teams in my fantasy league.

It is a combination of coverage and other quality options on offense that is leading him to underpeform on a fantasy level.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Shader » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:19 pm

petedog9 wrote:I hate to say I told ya so but I called this shot in July and got blasted for it...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone else think that with all the other weapons now availbale to Peyton that Marvin's production might decrease slightly. With the emergence of Wayne and now two solid (and healthy)TE's in Pollard and Clark not to mention a healthier Edge that the ball might be spread around a little more. I traded Marvin and got good value for him and just have a hunch that his numbers might drop a little from the past few years. JMO

Isn't it funny how the "experts" love to point out how crazy you are when you come up with an off-the-wall theory before the season starts? I had two: One was Harrison and the other was Priest Holmes. So far, I'm looking good with Harrison, but Priest Holmes is playing awesome. I still wouldn't pick Priest number one overall though.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk