What's up with Harrison ?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's up with Harrison ??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:11 am

It really will be interesting to see how this goes. I am certainly not an expert in understanding NFL contracts, so at this point you have to believe the owner who is promising that both will be kept. Everything on this topic is pure speculation of course.

Will it be smart to resign Harrison? Edge? Who knows right now.

Is Harrison replaceable? Im not gonna say he is just because of Wayne and Stokely - who will be the possession WR that allows those two to be in single coverage?

Tough decisions for IND management.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:15 am

Honestly to me, though I realize I have nowhere near the resources in evaluating players as the Colts do, it looks to me like when Rhodes comes into the game for a tired Edge, or starts for an injured Edge, he plays/does just as well. It almost looks like he even hits the holes harder. I think Rhodes would make a good starting RB, but that's just me...And even if Edge is an upgrade over Rhodes, it's not that large of an upgrade and with the amount they pass, it seems like that money would be better spent elsewhere...like that pitiful defense.
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby rohbshop » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:27 am

i'd be willing to bet Edge is gone. Hes going to want too much money, and i agree Rhodes plays just as well as Edge when hes been given the opportunities. I dont see them getting rid of Harrison or Wayne, not sure if they'll get Stokely back or what contract hes on.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby milo » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:15 pm

Good point about Rhodes filling in. He puts up decent numbers and so do the rest of the receivers when Edge is out. Now take out Harrison, you think Rhodes would do as well? Or Wayne and Stokley? I doubt it.
milo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Rusman » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:18 pm

Reading this thread makes me thank myself for not trading Thomas Jones for Harrison back around week 3. Everyone (or just about everyone) here and on fanball said jump on it. I decided it was too much for Jones and countered for TO...he declined of course. I'm still happy with Jones, the other guy probably isn't so happy :).
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Previous

Return to Football Talk