The Denver Running Back Mess - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Denver Running Back Mess

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Estarr01 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:03 pm

From what I know shanny has always relied on ONE back. Right now everyone is screwed because Q-Tip couldn't do it and Bell hasn't either 1. got out of the dog house or 2. he just isn't as good as advertised. Point being is that the whole situation is a mess. I don't think RD is the answer, he did have a great game, against one of the worst run defenses in the league, what does that prove about RD, nothing more than any back can run in this system. I do think RD will get another chance to prove himself and if he does he might earn the confidence of shanny, but if he doens't you can just count on him to be part of the mess in Denver. One positive about RD is that he is a good run blocker so I can use him in different situations, whereas Q-tip wasn't a great run blocker so he would get pulled out on passing downs.

Personally I'm going to pick him up and roll the dice, if he pans out I just got a top 10 back, if he falls flat on his face, I'll just trade him out for the next one week wonder, I heard Chatman had a good game.
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:23 pm

What makes RD's chances any more spectacular than Griffin's? What I see is Denver's ability to take advantage of susceptible run defenses, and struggle against good ones.

Color me blind, but I think if Griffin was healthy and would have started today, he could have put up similar numbers.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rohbshop » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:49 pm

i just want to state for the record that Shanahan HASNT given up on Q, if anything hes made aton of excuses for Q and still believes in him. This is from reading their local articles and watching Shanahans press conferences(theyre on vid, you can watch them at their official website). So while the impression might be that Shanahan has lost confidence in Q, hes said exactly the opposite in everything i've read. He seems to blame the offensive line or the opposing defenses more than he does Q. Q got the game ball against TB, whereas the general impression of people who just use box scores think he played poorly. Apparently Shanahan thinks different.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby madmike » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:42 pm

I have 3 roster spots for this mess and I'm still missing the 4th (RD). Now some guy grabbed him on Saturday and is holding him hostage. Den RB is killing me. :~(
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby madmike » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:43 pm

Oh and the annoucement that Q was out came really late on Sunday at 3:20.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:49 pm

I am steering clear of all Denver Rbs... not because they aren't capable... but it requires too much guess work and sheer luck. I have lots of luck in FF... but its all bad...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk