Maybe starting to believe in Detroit... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Maybe starting to believe in Detroit...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Maybe starting to believe in Detroit...

Postby bubbles09909 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:10 pm

I thought Detroit would have a horrible season after last season. Thus far, I've been surprised and I'm starting to believe that this team will not only be in the playoffs but will be a great opponent at that time. The offense has been clicking thanks to Harrington's better throwing placement, rookie Roy Williams's break-out performances, and defense that is doing quite well against quality opponents (see ATL this week). Don't know if this will continue but Detroit's looking good.
bubbles09909
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:15 pm

They did it on D this week. And the encouraging thing is that it is their young players who are stepping up. Today Lewis, a rookie LB had a great day. I am starting to wonder if their D might be worth picking up. Joey still looks bad most of the time-inaccurate and indecisive, And Mariucci's play calling almost gave away the game. I don't think it will continue, too many holes on the O-line and Roy getting hurt today will slow their progress, but there is progress.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bubbles09909 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:20 pm

There D has netted me 35 points total (not counting this week though I benched them like an idiot instead of benching Miami). I'm impressed with their defense and at this point, I'm impressed with the team overall...exceeding my expectations and I wouldn't mind Detroit continuing to play strong like this the rest of the season. The youngness of the team shows at times but it has proven to be more of an advantage at this point than anything.
bubbles09909
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:22 pm

They still haven't played anybody except the Eagles who took them behind the toolshed. The good news for them is, their schedule is about this easy the rest of the season.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bubbles09909 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:26 pm

Philly has taken every opponent of theirs to the woodshed this year. Detroit is vastly improved though and it should prove to be an advantage for anyone holding their DEF, Harrington, Williams, or any of the other decent players on the Detroit team.
bubbles09909
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:30 pm

bubbles09909 wrote:Philly has taken every opponent of theirs to the woodshed this year. Detroit is vastly improved though and it should prove to be an advantage for anyone holding their DEF, Harrington, Williams, or any of the other decent players on the Detroit team.

Hopefully ROY isn't seriously injured, I hear he hurt his ankle this game. I still think Harrington sucks.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk