Wow, no wonder Hasselbeck's numbers have been so average... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wow, no wonder Hasselbeck's numbers have been so average...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby wizbang » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:58 pm

KRob is the worst receiver in the NFL. No other guy has such a negative impact on their team. It would be one thing if he both couldn't catch AND couldn't get open. Sadly though, he can get open so he gets lots of looks... only to fail his team time and time again.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Commish » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:28 pm

Krob dropped one for a score.

STL announcers were laughing at him after the play.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby btg34 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:33 pm

I noticed the same thing about Robinson catching with his body. I actually saw one play where he jumped so he could try to catch the ball with his chest, just to see it bounce off. It was sickening. I was getting really pissed, at least I got to see first hand yesterday why Hasselbeck hasn't been the stud I expected.
btg34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:40 pm

btg34 wrote:I noticed the same thing about Robinson catching with his body. I actually saw one play where he jumped so he could try to catch the ball with his chest, just to see it bounce off. It was sickening. I was getting really pissed, at least I got to see first hand yesterday why Hasselbeck hasn't been the stud I expected.

Well outside of the big 3 so far this season, he's been about as productive as anyone else in the league.

Sorry, but you over-valued him apparently.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:44 pm

the eyes.

when I was listening to the broadcast yesterday they were saying that he has some sort of problem with his eyes, that's why he wears a visor. anyone know what that problem is? I mean, if he can't see the ball all that well would it be really that surprising that he keeps dropping it?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby btg34 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:46 pm

He has been outproduced by Harrington, Brees, Bulger, Testeverde, Brady, Favre, Delhomme, Rattay, Leftwich, Plummer, Brooks, and Carr in my league. Thats not what I expected, my two "backups" have been scoring more than him. He has been average for me, this was his most productive week of the season so far, and could have been much better.
btg34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jscupa » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:48 pm

did you notice after all those drops.. hasslebeck started to focus on d-jack.
I truly think at the end of this year D-jack will be a top 8 wr

yes I know those are strong words
QB: B.leftwhich, C.Palmer, brunell
RB: A.Green, C. Dillion, droughons, M.moore, Q. Griffin, bell
WR: C.Johnson, D.Jackson, A.toomer, B.Llyod
TE: wiggins, B.Franks, L.J. Smith
K: Kristie
Def: Redskins, bills
Jscupa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:54 pm

btg34 wrote:He has been outproduced by Harrington, Brees, Bulger, Testeverde, Brady, Favre, Delhomme, Rattay, Leftwich, Plummer, Brooks, and Carr in my league. Thats not what I expected, my two "backups" have been scoring more than him. He has been average for me, this was his most productive week of the season so far, and could have been much better.

Brees
Bulger
Favre
Rattay
Leftwich
Plummer
Brooks
Carr

All with one more game played than Hass.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:25 pm

As the game was national yesterday I got a chance to watch as well and I have Hasselbeck on my roster, so I watched closely.

2 of Robinson's 3 drops yersterday should have been caught. The pass that was thrown to him deep early on was overthrown and it would have been a spectacular catch had he made it.
That pass to M. Morris down the sideline was overthrown, no way he makes that catch. Hell, even the TD pass to Stevens was overthrown.
The pass to Jackson was behind him, that would have been another great catch.

I think people are paying too much attention to this problem and it's just making it worse. I think it's gotten to the point where it may be getting to KRob's head that everytime a ball is thrown his way he's afraid of not catching it.

I think Hasselbeck's got the right attitude. He just forgets about the drop, goes straight back to the huddle, and on the next play fires another pass his way.

The thing is, is that all the recievers are wide open, and there's plenty of opportunities in the passing game. Yesterday's game was the first time Seattle was stretched. I think as the season continues and they face more competitive teams, the offense will produce much more.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk