Jerry Porter &^&%%$##@!!$#$&* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerry Porter &^&%%$##@!!$#$&*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikey » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:31 am

Siggyfawn wrote:Gannon and Collins have been throwing it 40-50 times a game. If he's not open, he's not open. Gannon used to go to him all the time. I just think he's not handling being hte #1 very well. He had Brown and Rice taking the top 2 cover guys, and he could sneak around and get grabs. Times change and he isn't stepping up.

This is where reality and fantasy football don't intersect. By garnering double coverage and having safeties cheat to his side, Porter is letting others (the aforementioned Curry and others, like Whitted) draw single coverage and get open.

Sure, he's been a huge fantasy disappointment, but the guy is doing his "job" in that he's making others around him better.

Now, if OAK can get a running game going (forcing safeties to cheat up), and other teams start respecting the other OAK WR's, then maybe Porter's numbers will improve. Unfortunately, those are big "if's" that I don't see happening.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:34 am

I finally gave up on him and picked up Lee Evans.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Lightzout36 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:41 am

watch out for Andre Davis. He will now be taking porter's spot on my team

Mean Demons
Texans, TQB TQB HOU
Taylor, Fred RB JAC
Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD
Mewelde,Moore RB MIN
Johnson, Andre WR HOU
Smith, Jimmy WR JAC
Crumpler, Alge TE ATL
Carney, John K NO
Patriots, DST DST NE

Titans, TQB TQB TEN
Henry, Leonard RB MIA
Jones, Kevin RB Det
Porter, Jerry WR OAK
Westbrook, Brian RB PHI
Lightzout36
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:42 am

I'm sure there are many guys sitting on the FA list that will have better stats than him by seasons end. He's not even the #1 in OAK anymore as far as I'm concerned and I don't think theres much of a chance with him picking up some stats.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasizing » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:49 pm

Mikey wrote:
Siggyfawn wrote:Gannon and Collins have been throwing it 40-50 times a game. If he's not open, he's not open. Gannon used to go to him all the time. I just think he's not handling being hte #1 very well. He had Brown and Rice taking the top 2 cover guys, and he could sneak around and get grabs. Times change and he isn't stepping up.

This is where reality and fantasy football don't intersect. By garnering double coverage and having safeties cheat to his side, Porter is letting others (the aforementioned Curry and others, like Whitted) draw single coverage and get open.

Sure, he's been a huge fantasy disappointment, but the guy is doing his "job" in that he's making others around him better.

Now, if OAK can get a running game going (forcing safeties to cheat up), and other teams start respecting the other OAK WR's, then maybe Porter's numbers will improve. Unfortunately, those are big "if's" that I don't see happening.

TO and R. Moss do the same thing (free up space for other recievers) yet they still get their fair share of yds and TDs. Fact of the matter is that Porter is just not that good, period.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JimmyChoi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:56 pm

I still think he was a jerk off for making the statement he did....anyway....did you hear Jerome Bettis make a statement that he was going for 15 yards and 11 td's on the season ha ha ha :-)
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Last Action Hero » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:38 pm

I just dropped him. I had hope, but I can't wait anymore.
Last Action Hero
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk