Christopher Reeve and Ken Caminiti both pass away. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Christopher Reeve and Ken Caminiti both pass away.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:08 pm

"Superman's Dead"

- Our Lady Peace song :,-(
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:42 pm

:~(

I hope they have a great life after death...
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:07 pm

Reeves passing is a tragedy. He was a true superhero on and off the screen. His accident in 1995 started a new life for him, promoting stem-cell research to an all-time high. The life he portrayed after his paralyzing accident is truly inspiring and will forever be remembered.

Sadly, Caminiti won't leave behind such a great legacy. I am sad that Ken never had a chance to better his life before leaving us. Ken's death needs to serve notice to athletes that steroids and drug abuse in general are dangerous. Sadly, I don't think Ken's passing will scare many straight, if any at all.

Nonetheless, anytime someone leaves us before having the opportunity to right themselves, it's even more tragic. I truly feel badly for Ken's family and friends. To my understanding, he was a kind man on and off of the field, even with all of his problems. Deep inside, there was a good man trapped underneath his drug abuse problems. I hope he's at peace. He'll be missed.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:29 pm

ESPN News just reported the preliminary autopsy report for Ken Caminiti is that he died of a drug overdose... :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:38 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:ESPN News just reported the preliminary autopsy report for Ken Caminiti is that he died of a drug overdose... :,-(

sadly, thats not surprising.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk