Explain M. Moores Performance Pls? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Explain M. Moores Performance Pls?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Explain M. Moores Performance Pls?

Postby Count_Rugen » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:09 am

Ok,
Here's a rookie as green as you can get who scored 30 ff pts in my league on Sunday (and this was with NO td's!!), of course, my league gives a pt for receptions, but still.

Bottom line, how did this happen? The game wasn't televised or on radio in my area, so I'm kinda crippled in the analysis department. Anyone watch the Min vs Hou game? Did Houston's D just suck or is this kid the next young Emmit?
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:19 am

I watched the game. Hard to describe. He hit the holes hard, and with Minny's Big O-line there were plenty of them. Always seemed to have a 3-5 yard carry.

Couple times he came out and caught some screens, or checkdowns and looked really good in the open field after the catch. He looked like a veteran out there. Also a big plus was he didn't fumble.

Minnesota was very high on him when they drafted him, and he looked very good in the pre-season. Well he just carried that over into the regular season, and I can guarantee he earned himself alot more touches throughout the year.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Siggyfawn » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:24 am

Ontario Smith isn't anything special, and he put up those numbers.

Any RB is going to do well, with that offense you can't stack the line, at any time.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:27 am

The Vikings offense is rolling. Whoever gets the carries in that offense is going to put up numbers. I just wish C-Pep would stop throwing 1 yard TD passes and give Moore some goalline love.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:33 pm

Will Moore start again next week for Min? Or is Moe/Bennett back?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bolkonsky_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:44 pm

Virtually any back in the NFL would produce in that offense right now...OK, anyone except Travis Henry. !+)
"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare
bolkonsky_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The_Commish » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:31 pm

It's Onterrio's job when he gets back. But I'd say Mewelde is the #2 now.

Both Onterrio/Mewelde are much better receivers than Bennett. I think it's possible Bennett gets dealt in the offseason. I think Bennett is going to have a few more 'setbacks'.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:38 pm

bolkonsky wrote:Virtually any back in the NFL would produce in that offense right now...OK, anyone except Travis Henry. !+)

The only reason you should say that is if he's really hurt right now. I will defend Henry until he retires. He is a good runner with a terrible offense and offensive line. It's not all his fault.

Anyway, onto the question at hand...Houston's defense is CRAP and Minnesota's line is good. That's how you explain Moore. Houston was willing to shoot it out with them, so that's where all the stats come from...and they almost won doing it. Moore could be a short-term solution until/if Bennett returns, or it will just make an even murkier situation with Moe/Onterrio/Moore wanting to split time with Bennett. Throw in Mike Tice's deception in the use of backs, and you have a very annoying situation! :-B
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:38 pm

Just a side note - IF Bennett ever becomes fully healthy (currently they still think a good week to two weeks away) then he will be the fulltime feature back - not Osmith or Moe or Moore.

That is a big "if" though.

Moe is the backup and/or goalline back - the only time he will see the majority of touches is if all 3 of the RBs ahead of him get hurt or have significant other problems. Moore showed he has enough skill yesterday to keep Moe on the bench.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:05 pm

I think you can bank on one more good week out of Mewelde. After that it becomes a muddled mess with Bennett and Moe healthy.

Try to dump him on Jamal owners ;-D
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk