Marcus Robinson... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marcus Robinson...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marcus Robinson...

Postby ngub12 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:57 pm

This is a guy that i have known not to trust in the past, but his numbers this week were very exciting. did anyone watch the minni\ hou game? he put up monster numbers, but why? i know houston's d is pathetic, but robinson has done squat this year against other poor defenses. what made him show up to play this week? is he worth a fantasy spot as a number 3 reciever every week?

i
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby largetree » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:23 pm

i picked him up as my number 2 WR for next week. I have culpepper and if c-pep is going to throw it 50 times a game, then Robinson will get 6 catchs a week, maybe more td's. I gave up on my other wr, coles.
largetree
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:39 pm

From what I've read, he's finally healthy for one thing and he now seems to be out of the doghouse, probably meaning that he will now be the #2 WR there. I've got to say, I've never been one of his fans but the way that Culpepper is throwing right now, you've got to own a piece of that offense. Someone's got to catch the ball if Moss is triple teamed.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:41 pm

He got the most looks out of all the Minn WR's....I think he's the #2
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:46 pm

He's gotta compete with Burleson, Kelly Campbell, Moore/Smith/Bennett.

I stay away from all Viking receivers besides Moss. You're going to get on and off performances. Its not worth the heartbreak.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:02 pm

Blitzburgh2001 wrote:He's gotta compete with Burleson, Kelly Campbell, Moore/Smith/Bennett.

I stay away from all Viking receivers besides Moss. You're going to get on and off performances. Its not worth the heartbreak.

If you go in using Robinson as a #3, I don't think he's someone you should necessarily stay away from. He will get on and off performances, but if you don't have anyone better to use, then he's perfect for that spot! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ngub12 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:28 pm

david givens has been pretty consistent. im thinking of playing him over robinson. agree, disagree?
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:01 pm

I saw this on rotoworld just now:

Vikings head coach Mike Tice was not pleased by wide receiver Kelly Campbell's taunting penalty Sunday.
Campbell could see his playing time cut into with a healthy Marcus Robinson. Oct. 11 - 8:53 pm et

;-D
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dustyn » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:47 pm

Marcus Robinson = Reggie Wayne. Same player. #2 receiver on a very good, pass heavy team. I think if you look at the two the same way, you can get a picture of Robinsons value. I think he'll finish with 700-900 yards and 7-9 TDs. Solid, respectable numbers if you ask me. This assumes he doesn't get hurt again.
dustyn
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby detroit_to_denver » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:56 pm

Robinson is not going to be as consistent as Wayne at all. He lost his number 2 spot going into the season to Burleson. Last I heard he was still the number 3 guy. He well finish with more TDs than Burleson but not more than Wayne. The problem is unlike Indy once Minnesota get in the 5 they just play jump ball with Moss. I mean they threw it to him at the 1 last week. Until people stop this it'll keep happening.

It's funny cause every week there is a new "real deal" on here. Week 1 David Terrell. Robinson now. These players'll put up numbers just not on a consistent basis at all.

Someone i thought was going to fall into the flavor of the week catergory is Colbert but he is becoming somewhat consistent. Andre Davis too with too games over 90 yards.
detroit_to_denver
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk