Marcus Robinson... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marcus Robinson...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:47 pm

As detroit to denver said, Burleson earned the #2 spot in the offseason and I think he is the better suited guy to start.

I have always liked Kelly Campbell, but he is mainly a deep threat guy, and he is too suspectible to injury.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:21 pm

david givens has been pretty consistent. im thinking of playing him over robinson. agree, disagree?

Agree, as long as deion branch is still injured
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:36 pm

The main reason that you want to think about grabbing Robinson is that Culpepper is playing out of his mind and the RB situation is a little dicey right now so they are going to be more apt to throw. I would ride the hot hand while it is that and then dump him when it's time.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spandex » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:37 pm

who sould i start this week then, i have m robinson and david givins
spandex
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:58 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=f ... pe=fantasy

from yahoo:

WR
Nate Burleson(2 star play)

Burleson broke into the scoring column in week five, but we'll need to see more consistency before we start endorsing him as something more than a plug-in play.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
WR
Marcus Robinson (3 star play)

Robinson lulled everyone to sleep before getting caught up in the wave of fantasy points that is the Vikings offense last Sunday. If you have bye week issues, M-Rob is a safe play, as it appears Culpepper is looking for him downfield and in the end zone.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dustyn » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:39 pm

detroit_to_denver wrote:Robinson is not going to be as consistent as Wayne at all. He lost his number 2 spot going into the season to Burleson. Last I heard he was still the number 3 guy. He well finish with more TDs than Burleson but not more than Wayne. The problem is unlike Indy once Minnesota get in the 5 they just play jump ball with Moss. I mean they threw it to him at the 1 last week. Until people stop this it'll keep happening.

I disagree. Robinson is essentially the #2 guy in Minnesota now. Even when he was the #3 guy on the depth chart, they were still pulling Burleson for Robinson when they were inside the 30. Let's keep in mind that Robinson has only played in 3 games and change (in week 3 he left due to injury before he could get a catch). In 3 weeks he has 218 yards and 3 TDs; in 5 weeks Reggie Wayne has 434 yards and 3 TDs. That is pretty equal, especially since Robinson started the season recovering from an injury and as the #3 WR. Keep in mind as well that Robinson had 6 TDs in the second half of the season last year, and also had a 1400 yard/9 TD season a few years ago. The guy is a very capable WR. His major issue is the fact that he is injury prone, but if he manages to play the rest of the season healthy, I see no reason he won't do as well as Reggie Wayne. Between his history of success when healthy, the pass heavy Vikings offense and his current production this season, he is a WR that shouldn't be ignored too quickly.
dustyn
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PhuMasterFunk » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:18 pm

if i already jhave R. moss, should i also play robinson?? or is that not smart FF strategey? i it either Robinson, R. Caldwell, or Ro. Williams for my 3rd WR this week. (horn is my #2, moss #1)
QB: D. McNabb
WR: R. Moss, J. Walker, J. Horn, Ro. Williams, R. Wayne
RB: E. James, C. Dillion, C. Martin, R. Droughns
PhuMasterFunk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby T-DIDDY » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:26 pm

Is Robinson better than Driver???
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby andus » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:45 pm

Robinson is the kind of guy who puts up half his season stats in one game. Don't be fooled.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dustyn » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:02 am

A lot of hate here for a guy with 5 TDs on the year and is a top 6-8 WR (depending how you score everything).
dustyn
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk