Marcus Robinson... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marcus Robinson...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:41 am

2 weeks in a row now.....did u hear on ESPN that he told Tice & C Pepper to throw him the ball when they were at the goaline--that he will make the play.

He's the #2. YEAH!
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:43 pm

dustyn wrote:A lot of hate here for a guy with 5 TDs on the year and is a top 6-8 WR (depending how you score everything).

i'd take him as a 3rd WR.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:49 pm

I've got to say that if there is any time to shop him to fill needs, now is the time with Moss potentially out. His value should be peaked out. Then there's the other school of thought that if Moss is out, the TDs have to go somewhere, why not him?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dustyn » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:59 pm

MadScott wrote:I've got to say that if there is any time to shop him to fill needs, now is the time with Moss potentially out. His value should be peaked out. Then there's the other school of thought that if Moss is out, the TDs have to go somewhere, why not him?

Yeah, I have him and have thought about shopping him around, but with Moss hurt, I think I'll hold onto him. Last night Pepper threw the "up in the air" ball at the goal line to Robinson (this was after Moss got hurt), so Marcus will be getting a lot of the TD looks with Moss out. Even when Moss plays, Marcus still gets a lot of red zone looks (he has 4 TDs this year in 4.2 games with a healthy Moss), so I think he's still worth starting on a week to week basis. Sure, he will have weeks where he doesn't do much, but outside of the top 5 WR, that does happen from time to time.
dustyn
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LBJackal » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:00 pm

I have Robinson for my flex in one league... should I keep starting him or trade him for a RB that will put up more consistent numbers? What about Stephen Davis or something? Any ideas? I don't know if I should trust Robinson to be a TD threat for much longer...
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:22 pm

Marcus Robinson is the consumate #3 WR...Good or great games mixed in with Dead games.

He is by no means a solid #2 WR.

consistent #2 are defined by yardage.
Week 5: 150 + yards
Week 6: 39 yards

Don't let his average TD production fool you. 4 Tds in two games tilts the scale to LOOK very differently than reality.

Moss injury if serious(probably not) is good for Robinson,maybe. CPEPS production is heavily based on Randy Moss PRESENCE along with his skills.

Real question should be: Can Culpepper maintain these GAUDY ass numbers without Randy in the lineup? I don't know.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SonnyD1 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:06 pm

I think we're missing something here....Robinson has caught a T/D in every game he's played in except for 1 (Philly)...He got hurt against the Bears and was out. That means 5 t/d's in 4 games played. I think that's pretty good and a go to guy in the red zone. The only question with him (has always been a question) is can he stay healthy...
SonnyD1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ngub12 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:12 pm

i think that is a good call sonny.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pmix » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:37 pm

I think with Moss out we will see how good he really is. He will see the double teams that Moss normally gets. I think his stats are a byproduct of good size and single coverage on a smaller #2 cornerback. My guess is he has an off game coming up. Burleson will have a better game.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:51 pm

pmix wrote:I think with Moss out we will see how good he really is. He will see the double teams that Moss normally gets. I think his stats are a byproduct of good size and single coverage on a smaller #2 cornerback. My guess is he has an off game coming up. Burleson will have a better game.

Agreed. Burleson is the more reliable target. And Robinson will not stand up to the extra attention if Moss is out.

With Moss in the lineup, he's still gotta share the rock with him and no matter how many guys they have on Moss, we already know that he still puts up his numbers.

I am just scared to death of being without Moss and Andre (bye) this week.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk