Buy low RB's? Here's a couple of ideas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy low RB's? Here's a couple of ideas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buy low RB's? Here's a couple of ideas

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:41 pm

Fred Taylor hasn't rushed for over 100 yards yet but his upcoming schedule looks great (KC,IND, HOU,) plus during the playoffs he plays GB & HOU.

Travis Henry hasn't done much either but Mcgahee doesn't look like he'll take much pt away from Henry. Henry has some great matchups down the playoff stretch as well (CLE, CIN, SF).

Maybe you can catch a guy sleeping or at least not planning ahead.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Buy low RB's? Here's a couple of ideas

Postby nsulham » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:05 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:Fred Taylor hasn't rushed for over 100 yards yet but his upcoming schedule looks great (KC,IND, HOU,) plus during the playoffs he plays GB & HOU.

Exactly why, although it's been tempting, I haven't bailed on him yet. I'm going to need those matchups in the playoffs.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:08 pm

nsulham wrote:
Sp_Da_Man wrote:Fred Taylor hasn't rushed for over 100 yards yet but his upcoming schedule looks great (KC,IND, HOU,) plus during the playoffs he plays GB & HOU.

Exactly why, although it's been tempting, I haven't bailed on him yet. I'm going to need those matchups in the playoffs.

Thanks guys, I needed to hear this... because seriously, he was having goal line carries sniped by Chris Fuamamamamafafafalalllala yesterday and I was literally tearing my hair out...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby OB2kenobi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:53 pm

Do you think Taylor is going to lose enough goalline carries to where he will be in a Duce Staley kind of situation?
OB2kenobi Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:18 am

A new Stacey Mack? Not good. Not good at all.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:48 am

Leftwich had a 2 yrd TD run on Sunday. Just killed me since I was playing Taylor and Leftwich was on my bench.

That kind of sums up my season so far though.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Siggyfawn » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:01 am

You need to do your homework.

"Oct 11 BuffaloBills.com reports Buffalo Bills head coach Mike Mularkey is trying to get RB Willis McGahee more involved in the team's offense. "We tried to get him more involved in this last game against the [New York Jets] and he took his opportunities and made some plays," Mularkey said. "Hopefully this will continue.""

So McGahee is going to get more work. Had more rushing yards then Henry last week, and Henry is hurt again.

On Taylor, if you're giving up bench people, then maybe.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:23 am

Travis Henry hasn't done much either but Mcgahee doesn't look like he'll take much pt away from Henry. Henry has some great matchups down the playoff stretch as well (CLE, CIN, SF).

Maybe you can catch a guy sleeping or at least not planning ahead.

Green Bay will be a MUCH better run stopping team by then... They'll have Jackson back, and he pretty much single-handedly cloggs up the middle.... Teams have been running straight at Green Bay because the other lineman have become so accustomed to Jackson clogging up the middle that they have trained themselves to always work outside, which has killed them with Jackson out... Once he returns, though, Green Bay should be back to normal (as far as stuffing the run goes)....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin' » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:14 am

Siggyfawn wrote:You need to do your homework.

"Oct 11 BuffaloBills.com reports Buffalo Bills head coach Mike Mularkey is trying to get RB Willis McGahee more involved in the team's offense. "We tried to get him more involved in this last game against the [New York Jets] and he took his opportunities and made some plays," Mularkey said. "Hopefully this will continue.""

So McGahee is going to get more work. Had more rushing yards then Henry last week, and Henry is hurt again.

On Taylor, if you're giving up bench people, then maybe.

siggyfawn - mularkey has been saying this all through training camp and the preseason. talking about 2 back sets with the both of them. they have run that 2 back set twice in all of the games. i think mcgahee will get more carries but i wouldn't bank on him doing a lot.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:24 am

I agree that Taylor will turn it around. He has a good Defense and leftwich can keep the safety out of the box.

But Henry is a lost cause for this season and you will be doing his owner a favor. He still hasnt hit 100 yards or found the end zone, which is the product of a horrible offensive line that really shouldnt have let reuben brown go. McGahee wont gain any yard either, but he will get more of the carries. Buffalo doesnt score so Henry wont score. If you trade anything for him, youll be doing his owner a favor.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk