The Enigma that is Randy Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Enigma that is Randy Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Enigma that is Randy Moss

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:15 pm

When would everyone draft Moss? He was drafted in the first round last year in one of my leagues, only to collapse. I got him cheaply, and traded him high because I was worried about his production--it was so inconsistent.

What does everyone think about him this year? Bennett's injury really hurts Moss.

Is he still number three? Or would you draft Moulds, Horn or others before him?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:27 pm

He is still on my list of top 4 WR's, far as when to draft him, I wouldnt take him in the first, but in the 3rd rnd, sure.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:36 pm

If Moss is your fourth, who is number three? And you wouldn't take him in the second round?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rossloc » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:48 pm

I think he is still 3rd. And if your in a 10 - 14 team draft i think that you are dreaming if you think he will be there in the third round. With our draft QB's only get 4 pts per touchdown pass so I would guess he will go in the first round and probably top 10 out of the 14 teams.
Rossloc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:02 pm

hes easily the third best wr and id take him late second/early third.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:16 pm

I'd take him in the 3rd round. Will he be available? Very doubtful, but I'll let someone else overpay for him for the 3rd year in a row.

I still have him as my #3 receiver, just way behind the top-2. To me, grouping him with Harrison/Owens would be like grouping Fred Taylor with LT/Williams/Portis. Could Taylor put up numbers like those guys? Sure. Will he? I doubt it.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:51 pm

I got him at 3.01 this year...I did have pick 2.12 also!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Poobah » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:57 pm

In a twelve-team league, I'd look at him right where Dazey got him, and probably not before. As to who might be ahead of him, I have been flip-flopping Moss and Moulds on my draft boards for weeks. I think that until they getting the RB situation settled in Minnesota, he might drop back to the #4 WR, which makes him more of an early third-round pick....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:01 pm

I cant believe this. Moss lead the NFC in both yards and receptions last year. Eric Moulds is not half the reciever Moss is. He looked great last year opposite Peerless but wil now have to see similar coverage that Randy gets game in and game out. Take Moss as the 3rd reciever. I would take him in the second round if the top backs are already gone.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Moss

Postby massraider » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:34 pm

Yeah, I'd put him at number 3, but IMO, the drop from 2 to 3 is pretty big. Moss is like Dillon and Alexander, his season numbers get skewed because of one or two big games.

If you had Alexander last year, like I did, you won two games big, and wanted to fly to Seattle the rest of the time to TP his house....

IMO, the only two consistent WR's, points week in and week out, are TO and Harrison. Moss in the late 2nd, early 3rd sounds right, but I'd like two quality backs before I did it....
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk