It has come to this - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

It has come to this

Moderator: Football Moderators

It has come to this

Postby YunYaamka » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:42 pm

I'm in a sixteen team league, and Peyton Manning is on his bye week. My backup is Eli Manning (I was hoping to trade him some time ago,) so I'm pretty much screwed. I have resorted to picking up Sage Rosenfels in the hope he starts this week. So does anyone know how badly Fiedler and Feeley ar hurt? Will Rosenfels start?
"Everybody has their sanctuary. Catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have beer." - Peter Griffin
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:46 pm

Fiedler has a cracked rib....probably won't play. Feeley suffered a concussion...but may start.

From Yahoo:

Oct 11 After starter Jay Fiedler left with a rib injury, Feeley was inserted into the Dolphins' lineup in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the New England Patriots. However, Feeley was hurt as well, suffering a concussion when he was hit by the Pats' Rosevelt Colvin as he threw a fourth-down incompletion. Feeley was just 1 of 2 for six yards in limited action.

Advice: Feeley's injury is considered less severe than Fiedler's. At this point, it appears Feeley will be the probable starter for next weekend's matchup with the Buffalo Bills.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:48 pm

Better keep up with the injury updates this week...

AP via Yahoo! Sports wrote: DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Jay Fiedler has a cracked rib and A.J. Feeley a concussion. So the Miami Dolphins might be forced to turn to third-string quarterback Sage Rosenfels when they play the Buffalo Bills next Sunday in a matchup of the NFL's last two winless teams.

Rosenfels has not played this season. He is 4-for-9 for one touchdown in four NFL seasons.

Fiedler first hurt his rib against the Jets on Oct. 3, then was injured again late in Sunday's 24-10 loss at New England when he was sacked by safety Rodney Harrison.

``The ribs are tender right now,'' Fiedler said Monday. ``I'll take it day by day and see how it goes.''

Fiedler's agent, Brian Levy, said the quarterback has a 50-percent chance to play.

Coach Dave Wannstedt is certainly hoping he will.

``If he can play and help us win, he'll be out there,'' Wannstedt said. ``With Jay we'll know. We'll know because he'll be very honest about it. And we know that his pain tolerance is high.''

``Jay and A.J. are both doing better than (Sunday) from a health standpoint. We will evaluate them and then see where they're at on Wednesday morning as far as practice and who can do what and exactly where their health is.''

Feeley, who replaced Fiedler against New England, sustained a concussion on Miami's last offensive play when he was hit by linebacker Rosevelt Colvin after releasing a pass.

Feeley said he didn't remember the play after the game but remembered everything Monday.

``I got a direct shot to the chin and it made me a little loopy,'' Feeley said. ``I got the aches and pains of two plays. Other than that I'm fine.''

Wannstedt's only other option is Rosenfels, a fourth-year veteran who has played in just six games. With Fiedler and Feeley having the two worst quarterback ratings among all qualifying passers, Dolphins fans have started lobbying for Rosenfels.

``I'm the insurance policy,'' Rosenfels said. ``If for some reason these guys can't go, I'm going to be ready just like I am every week.''

Wannstedt also said placekicker Olindo Mare, who missed the game after aggravating a calf injury during pregame warmups, would be re-evaluated Tuesday or Wednesday before the team decided whether to sign another kicker.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:54 pm

haha, starting sage rosenfelds.... how low can you go
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby YunYaamka » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:54 pm

Crap. I might just have to put together a sheet with available backups and throw a dart in the hope that one of them gets playing time.
"Everybody has their sanctuary. Catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have beer." - Peter Griffin
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby YunYaamka » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:56 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:haha, starting sage rosenfelds.... how low can you go

Oh, believe me, I know how desperate I am. That's why I'm starting Brock Forsey too.
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby roninmedia » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:34 pm

I'm a dolphins fan and I'm laughing my ass off at this. I wouldn't be surprised if Sage gets someone negative points.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Confucian Scholars » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:10 am

Is Brian Griese taken in your league? He makes a good start against St. Louis Monday night.
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:42 am

The dynamic duo... Rosenfelds and Forsey. Why not start Charlie Garner and Rich Gannon? They might post better numbers... (honestly... I can see Rosenfelds getting negitive numbers. depends on league scoring)

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk