should this trade be vetoed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

should this trade be vetoed

Moderator: Football Moderators

should this trade be vetoed

Postby FavreFan1998 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:20 pm

i am the commish and another person in the league wants to veto this trade i just made. i traded fred taylor and rudi johnson and received jamal lewis and corey dillon. Since Lewis wont play the next three weeks because of a bye and 2 game suspension i think it should be allowed, and obviously this is not collusion
FavreFan1998
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:21 pm

Nothing wrong with that trade.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:34 pm

Let it go through, it's an even trade.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:37 pm

dont see anything wrong wiht it. JLEW is out for a while making him value drop a lot, dun worry oabut it, its a fine trade

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:43 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong with this trade.
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dirtbags » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:56 pm

nothing wrong with that trade.
Dirtbags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:08 pm

Perfectly good trade...one of the reason why trades are so limited in some leagues is due to paranoia and overvaluing of certain players....Just to prove my point, I made a trade, offering domanick davis and corey dillon for ahman green and the other owner rejected it....what a moron....i also traded andre johnson and chris chambers for torry holt...got rejected...said that the STUD torry holt will only be traded for another stud (e.g. priest holmes)....idiots :-°
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Arlo » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:42 am

Nothing wrong with that deal.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Siggyfawn » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:28 am

No way that's an even trade. 2 rbs, for 2 better rbs. Sitting out 3 games doesn't change the fact Lewis is an elite RB.

Taylor and Johnson suck ass. Period. 33% of the year over, that's enough for that to be true.

Lewis is a top 5 RB, Dillon is averaging over 100 yds a game, on pace for 1,600 yds but his TDs have been lacking. This should catch up to his yardage. I project Dillon to be just out of the top 5 RBs.

Taylor is having a bad year, period. Rudi is no Corey Dillon. Why exactly would the person make this trade. Get 2 crappier RBs because lewis is gone 2 games? *lol* Come on. Unless the person is 0-5, there's no way he makes this trade. In my league, Taylor and Rudi aren't even starting on their respective teams.

At the end of the year, these RBs won't be even close to each other. The guy needs to sub in for Lewis, then bring him back. Getting 2 disappointments isn't going to help him make the playoffs.

AND if the person needs to make this trade badly, get a different deal. Don't ever take 2 sucky guys hoping they'll magically turn it around on your team. ESP when you're trading an elite (maybe 2) elite RBs.

BAD DEAL!
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:56 am

gatorman1122 wrote:Perfectly good trade...one of the reason why trades are so limited in some leagues is due to paranoia and overvaluing of certain players....Just to prove my point, I made a trade, offering domanick davis and corey dillon for ahman green and the other owner rejected it....what a moron....i also traded andre johnson and chris chambers for torry holt...got rejected...said that the STUD torry holt will only be traded for another stud (e.g. priest holmes)....idiots :-°

Most people have caught on to the two for one scam by now. Unless I had very little depth, I doubt I would take either of those trades either (I own Green in one league and am frusterated, but have enough depth to wait on him).

Back on the topic: If you can wait out the suspension, than you are getting the better end of the deal in my opinion. This is not vetoable, however.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk