should this trade be vetoed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

should this trade be vetoed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:07 am

Siggyfawn wrote:No way that's an even trade. 2 rbs, for 2 better rbs. Sitting out 3 games doesn't change the fact Lewis is an elite RB.

Taylor and Johnson suck ass. Period. 33% of the year over, that's enough for that to be true.

Lewis is a top 5 RB, Dillon is averaging over 100 yds a game, on pace for 1,600 yds but his TDs have been lacking. This should catch up to his yardage. I project Dillon to be just out of the top 5 RBs.

Taylor is having a bad year, period. Rudi is no Corey Dillon. Why exactly would the person make this trade. Get 2 crappier RBs because lewis is gone 2 games? *lol* Come on. Unless the person is 0-5, there's no way he makes this trade. In my league, Taylor and Rudi aren't even starting on their respective teams.

At the end of the year, these RBs won't be even close to each other. The guy needs to sub in for Lewis, then bring him back. Getting 2 disappointments isn't going to help him make the playoffs.

AND if the person needs to make this trade badly, get a different deal. Don't ever take 2 sucky guys hoping they'll magically turn it around on your team. ESP when you're trading an elite (maybe 2) elite RBs.

BAD DEAL!

Is this post serious?

Jam is out for the next 3 games. Rudi isn't doing that bad. Who are you to tell them what's fair?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:09 am

fair trade... at least no collusion, anyways.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:20 pm

Fair trade.

Taylor has played against the toughest D's vs the run but his schedule in the next few weeks and for the playoffs is against some of the worst Run D's.

Jamal misses the next three weeks. He will be hard pressed to make up the difference in scoring between him and Taylor over the rest of the year.

Rudi vs Dillon is a wash. Patriots offense was less than impresive this weekend. Dillion has not exactly been a workhorse for them.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:25 pm

It's fine.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:28 pm

I agree, its looks like a fair deal to me....

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby irishclown » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:23 pm

Wow, siggy you need to relax. Lewis is out now, and Dillon is banged up, and w/ the Pats he won't score very much. The last time I saw Rudi play I believe he went over 100 yards and a TD. Fred Taylor does blow this year, but you never know. Seems like an ok trade to me.
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:29 pm

Siggyfawn wrote:33% of the year over...

And Jamal Lewis has gone over 100 yards twice... Once against a very suspect Cincinnati run D, and once he barely got over the number against Washington at the end of the game, but was shut down for most of the game prior to that, and didn't get in the endzone...

OK, so he is topping 100 yards 2 out of every 5 games, and this year he will only play 14... That's fewer than 6 100-yard games this season... And he only has 4 TD's through 5 games... Average that out over the 14 games he will play, and that's 11 TD's...

6 - 100-yard performances
11 - touchdowns

What's elite about that?

(oh, and let's not forget about what Jamal did against a KC D that allowed Quentin Griffin to top 150 and 3 TD's)

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk