I drafted Fred Taylor in Round 1 and am still 4-1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I drafted Fred Taylor in Round 1 and am still 4-1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby T-DIDDY » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:43 am

I drafted Taylor with the 10th pick in a 10 team league. I followed up with Harrison with the 11th pick. Two busts so far, but I’m sitting nicely at 5-0… If they ever come alive, I will be pretty tough to beat…

My Team:
McNabb / Brunell / Vinny T.
Harrison / Moulds / Stallworth / Gardner
Taylor / T. Jones / Griffin / Rhodes / Moore
Graham / Witten
ATL / Jets
Stover / Tynes
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:24 am

T-DIDDY wrote:I drafted Taylor with the 10th pick in a 10 team league. I followed up with Harrison with the 11th pick. Two busts so far, but I’m sitting nicely at 5-0… If they ever come alive, I will be pretty tough to beat…

My Team:
Graham / Witten
ATL / Jets
Stover / Tynes

you're telling me that McNabb dropped on the league boards until at least the 30th overall pick? (or was he a acquired via trade?) What league do you play for?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:10 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
T-DIDDY wrote:I drafted Taylor with the 10th pick in a 10 team league. I followed up with Harrison with the 11th pick. Two busts so far, but I’m sitting nicely at 5-0… If they ever come alive, I will be pretty tough to beat…

My Team:
Graham / Witten
ATL / Jets
Stover / Tynes

you're telling me that McNabb dropped on the league boards until at least the 30th overall pick? (or was he a acquired via trade?) What league do you play for?

I think McNabb went in the late third in most leagues... I don't think 30th is THAT far down for him to have dropped...

In most 10 teamers, Manning and C-Pepp went in the second and Vick and McNabb went in the third/fourth....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:55 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

My Team:
Graham / Witten
ATL / Jets
Stover / Tynes

I think McNabb went in the late third in most leagues... I don't think 30th is THAT far down for him to have dropped...

In most 10 teamers, Manning and C-Pepp went in the second and Vick and McNabb went in the third/fourth....

I agree. In my 12 team money league, CPepp went late 1st, Manning went early 2nd, and McNabb and Vick went in the 3rd/4th round..I forget.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby T-DIDDY » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:57 am

I got McNabb at the end of the third round. I couldn't believe it, although, I did think it was going to be possible. I thought that people might remember the beginning of last season and shy away from him. All I could remember was how many freakin points he use to put up 2 years ago and with the addition of T.O., I was loving life when he fell to me...
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby brianh13 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:51 am

3 of my first 4 picks were Deuce McAllister, Michael Bennett and Travis Minor. Thank goodness my other pick was Culpepper. I also got Chris Brown in the 6th round for the steal of the draft. I am 5-0 thanks to Brown's performance last night. I was 3 points up with only Brown playing and my opponent had Favre and Titans DST.

Daunte Culpepper
Mark Brunell
Deuce McAllister
Michael Bennett
Moe Williams
Chris Brown
Hines Ward
Isaac Bruce
Rod Gardner
Jimmy Smith
David Patten
David Akers