MNF Bane, Green vs. Favre. +Rant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

MNF Bane, Green vs. Favre. +Rant

Moderator: Football Moderators

MNF Bane, Green vs. Favre. +Rant

Postby Albatross » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:18 pm

This is the second week my game has come to MNF. Last week I got edged out when Lewis scored a TD in the fourth quarter. This week I came in down 8.64 points (1 point for 10 yards, 0.5 for reception). I had Green on the shelf and the other team had Favre. I knew a W wasn't likely, but still had a decent chance.

That was before Green started to stink it up AGAIN! He has 6 rushes for 4 yards and a fumble. Better chance for me to win if they just sit him the whole game and let Favre air out interceptions. I knew fate was against me when Green fumbled on his third carry and Favre's INT was REVERSED! That is the 6th call reversed in the last two weeks that went against me, costing me an average of around 3 points a call.

Anyway, enough of a rant, but I am sure other Green owners are feeling the same way. Here's to hoping Green can outscore Favre by 16 the rest of the way (where is the emoticon for roll-eyes?).
Albatross
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KnightWhoSaysNi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:42 pm

It seems like Favre has decided that he is going to win it (or get back in it) with one throw - whenever they play ball-control (ie. run Green) they seem to do well; the only problem is Green Bay's defense keeps digging themselves into enormous holes and Favre just digs deeper by throwing it away. They're panicking too early and abandoning the running game altogether ... it's bad news for Green Bay fans (which I am not one) and Green owners (which I am) alike.

Ni

KwsN
KnightWhoSaysNi Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SpeedDemon » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:48 pm

Can you blame them though? With Green suffering from fumblitis, and the defense giving up 17 points right off the bat, who wouldn't panic. Especially when your playoff hopes hang in the balance.
I wish their was a knob on the television to turn up intelligence. There's a "brightness" one, but that doesn't work.

SpeedDemon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting